PDA

View Full Version : LED splicing... help

IamJanuar
11-15-2004, 06:14 PM
I got myself a pair of LED for the front signal. Used the resistor... Saw some other car how they spliced the wires and did it. Used to be OK but not for long till the bulb error indicator turns on. I have a strong feeling that I spliced the wrong cable on the left ones.
LEFT:brown, grey, white
RIGHT:brown, red, green

To anybody who uses the LEDs and have the same set up as I do and have no problem.... which wire do you splice other than the brown ones for both left and right signals?

(Sellers dont know jack about what the hell they are selling, told me to buy a potentiometer to FIND OUT myself)

IamJanuar
11-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Also.. anybody have any success doing LED on the back signals? I am still wondering where the hell am I suppose to splice...

BangnBenz
11-15-2004, 10:26 PM
http://www.superlumination.com/images/leds/installation.jpg do that site. all you do is connect one end of the resistor to the postive trigger to make it blink, and the other end to the ground wire.

IamJanuar
11-16-2004, 08:30 AM
Well... anybody know which ones are the positive ones... Or do I seriously have to get a potentiometer.... :rolleyes:

nokia8860
11-16-2004, 08:59 AM
Basic understanding of electronic and tools used would help you alot with this project. You should really invest in a multimeter if you plan on doing any electronic work no matter how small you may think the work is.

As for LED there is usally an notch that will indicate which lead is positive. If youre question is which wire on the car is the positive wire most european cars use brown to show earth the other would be positive however it is best to use a test light or multimeter to make sure.

Again it would be best to have a basic understanding of electronics to avoid costly repairs by using the punch and jab technique.

Best of luck with your project. :)