PDA

View Full Version : 96 IR keyless entry problem

Three Point 6
11-16-2004, 01:24 AM
My keyless batteries finally took a dump on me after two years. Replaced w/ the proper 2025 size at drugstore(lithium ion) and now the remote doesnt do anything even though the red check light comes on when holding button for 2 seconds.(good batteries) so...I read my manual about re-syncing the remote to the rear view mirror & it still doesnt work! what gives?

audiophile
11-16-2004, 04:55 PM
it starts the car, right? by any chance the passenger airbag doesn't stay lit after the car is off and you try to close the car with remote?

SLAMMED_C
11-16-2004, 06:50 PM
your positive that those are the correct batteries?.. are they in the right way?
you may have a defective key if the light on the remote doesnt work, or lock and unlock your car.
are you sure you followed the resync step by step?

Three Point 6
11-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Fixed! After my engine skipped a beat due to the notorious resister tips wearing out again I had to get rid of my check engine light. So I unhooked the battery on the car to reset. It cleared my CEL & I got to thinking. Apparently it reset my keyless entry also & allowed me to re-sync w/ no problems. I had a hunch it might work after I hooked the battery back up so my intuition was right. Too bad that isnt written in the manual? Same crap happens to cell phones and PDA's & PC's ...hard reset gets her done I guess. Also saved me a trip to a stealership to bug a SA