PDA

View Full Version : Window squeeks when rolling up...

vbrock1137
11-20-2004, 03:25 PM
When I roll up my driver's window it squeeks very loudly for maybe 2-3 inches of travel about halfway up. It sounds like it's coming from the seal on the bottom of the window, rather than from inside the door. I think it's coming from the outside part of the seal, but I'm not sure. It's quiet when rolling down. Anyone have any advice?

sugrdaddey
11-20-2004, 09:13 PM
mines the same but both going up and down. whats the deal?

rex10
11-21-2004, 08:24 AM
My C43 had the same squeek with the window. I thought it was the seal like you and I replaced both seals on both doors. The window still had the squeek. It turned out that the window track in the door needed to be lubed. Not to hard of a job and no squeek to this day.

SLAMMED_C
11-21-2004, 06:48 PM
yep.. as mentioned there are 2 possiblities:
1: inner or outer window seals
2:greasing the window regulator

Remove the door panel, and lube the window track with some white grease, if that doesnt work try removing the inner window seal first, then operate the window, if gone then either try cleaning it or replace it, if still there remove the outer seal cover, and then the seal, either clean it or replace it.
hopefully problem solved!

e-low
11-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Mine does the same thing. It left lines in my tint. The place that did my tint job dosnt know what it is.

SLAMMED_C
11-23-2004, 06:27 PM
Dirt gets into teh seal and then ends up scratching the window.. see it more on the outside seal.. and sometimes on the inside seal.
according to MB, you are supposed to remove the seal and clean it of dirt every so often.
but when it gets to the point its scratching.. your better off replacing it.