View Full Version : Changing Spark Plugs on w210

gav
11-24-2004, 07:59 PM
(In my 1996 e320 Inline 6)

This is my first time changing plugs on this car...

This car has 3 ignition coils over plugs 2,4,6. It has a single brass flat head screw on one corner. I assumed it was a screw head, and stripped off the head with my little flat head screw driver! Ahhhh!

Can someone verify for me that this is indeed a screw? Do I need a special tool? It is not an allen key/bolt like other MBs.

Your help is appreciated! Thanks!

J Irwan
11-24-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by gav
(In my 1996 e320 Inline 6)

This is my first time changing plugs on this car...

This car has 3 ignition coils over plugs 2,4,6. It has a single brass flat head screw on one corner. I assumed it was a screw head, and stripped off the head with my little flat head screw driver! Ahhhh!

Can someone verify for me that this is indeed a screw? Do I need a special tool? It is not an allen key/bolt like other MBs.

Your help is appreciated! Thanks!

If you're talking about removing the coil pack.

Then it's not a flat screw..
You should be able to pull this coil. (it's pressure fit).

There is no screw or bolt that secure the coil pack. :)

Regardz,

gav
11-24-2004, 10:20 PM
Thanks J.

I tried that and it seems like one edge (the one with the brass fitting/screw) is holding it in place.

I guess I'll take everything apart again on Friday and try it again.

Thanks for the tip.

gav

Eurosport
11-24-2004, 11:28 PM
those screws can sometimes be a pain to put in or take out, like J said, try wiggling it in different directions when pulling the pack out or back in, should help. after you change them once, you realize how straight forward and easy changing them is, that next time will be a breeze.

11-25-2004, 02:46 AM
Be carefull, when I've done that work the coil come away but the underside rubber spark plug was really impossible to take off.

I carefully utilized a pliers.

:)