Originally posted by c_lee
How are things going to be different between these 2 combo:

H&R Sport Springs w/ Koni --> adjustables <--

vs.

H&R Sport Springs w/ Bilstiens

Thanks.

e-low
11-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Obviously the Koni's are adjustable, but i think hes asking wich shock would go better with the spring, and also if one is better then the other or more comfortible if you ya-did-i-mean>?

c_lee
11-26-2004, 04:14 PM
i realize that koni's are adjustable

to clarify, yes - i am more interested in the difference in the ride quality, that is all.

pleople on the forum seem to favor the bilstein over koni's and I just wanted to gets some opinions on the difference in ride.

Originally posted by e-low
Obviously the Koni's are adjustable, but i think hes asking wich shock would go better with the spring, and also if one is better then the other or more comfortible if you ya-did-i-mean>?

KWiK
11-26-2004, 06:13 PM
My guess is that more people buy the Bilstiens because they are cheaper. I have had them and I think they provide a more harsh ride than the Koni. Even with the Koni turned up near full they aren't harsh.

e-low
11-26-2004, 06:46 PM
KWiK, so would you say that the H&R's with Koni's on one of the softer settings would be a good choice for an everyday driver?? I just bought a set of H&Rs and was thinking of selling them cuz people on this forum say the eibach's are less harsh and better for everyday driving. I dont want a harsh ride.. that being said do you think the Koni shocks will make up for the firmer H&R springs>?

tinter101
11-26-2004, 07:19 PM
I just did the H & R sports with the Koni adj. setup on my
'98 C43 and we dialed the shocks all the way soft. I can
honestly say that I cannot tell the difference from the factory
setup. Very smooth ride. I don't know the difference from
these to the others but I am totally satisfied and it was worth
every penny.

SLAMMED_C
11-26-2004, 07:20 PM
I have been told by a few people to stay away from Koni's as they leak after 6-12 months of use. Even people I know that do some racing say to stay away from them, they tell me they are great while the arent leaking, but the thing is do you want to spend the money on the Koni's, just to replace them in 6 months cause they are leaking??
They have all told me to go with Bilstiens.

c_lee
11-26-2004, 07:20 PM
cool

thanks for the all the info!

on the forum i read that the H&R cup kit is not suitable for daily driver. Any other inputs on the cup kit?

Originally posted by tinter101
I just did the H & R sports with the Koni adj. setup on my
'98 C43 and we dialed the shocks all the way soft. I can
honestly say that I cannot tell the difference from the factory
setup. Very smooth ride. I don't know the difference from
these to the others but I am totally satisfied and it was worth
every penny.

Denlasoul
11-26-2004, 07:37 PM
I just recently swapped my rears to Koni adjustables. I can tell the ride is firm (I have it set to hardest), but it still is a smooth ride. Feels solid to me.

e-low
11-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Dont the koni shocks come with warranty? Cuz if they start to leak that quickly its not worth the purchase. Anybody have problems with them leaking??? If not then im just gonna have to order them.. for sure this time.

manny
11-27-2004, 05:43 PM
I used to run Koni's for years.
NEVER had one leaking.
They DO come with a lifetime warranty ( to the original owner ).
Just one note of caution, when you change your shocks , ( either Bilstein's, Koni's, whatever ) keep one, original front shock and one original rear one.
This way, if you ever have a warranty claim, you can re-install one of your original shocks, while your warranty claim is being evaluated by the manufacturer.
This process can take WEEKS & you don't want to be driving around with 3 shocks. ;)

Denlasoul
11-27-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by manny
Just one note of caution, when you change your shocks , ( either Bilstein's, Koni's, whatever ) keep one, original front shock and one original rear one.
This way, if you ever have a warranty claim, you can re-install one of your original shocks, while your warranty claim is being evaluated by the manufacturer.

That's really good advice. Thanks

e-low
11-28-2004, 12:20 AM
thats real talk, im keepin all mine fo sho'

Ashkan's C280
11-28-2004, 03:22 PM
how do you change settings on koni? do you have to go unde the car and do it from there, or can it be done from within the car

Denlasoul
11-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
how do you change settings on koni? do you have to go unde the car and do it from there, or can it be done from within the car
Depends on which shock you buy. There are two versions internal and external adjusting. For the internal, you have to adjust the shock while it is off the car. The external, can be adjusted while mounted on the car.

tinter101
11-28-2004, 08:05 PM
I've never had to adjust mine but I have a knob that I keep
in the glovebox that you just put it on and turn. Sounds easy.
Koni ext. adj.