PDA

View Full Version : Vogtlands are installed.

Jbizzyc43
12-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Just got my Vogtlands installed. Very nice ride. I've yet to get them aligned. Gonna wait til' next week to give them some time to settle in. I'll try to post some pics soon. Broke my digital cam. got to go Best Buy and pick one up tonight. I'm really happy with the drop. One finger gap in rear and two finger gap up front. I used #4 pads all around. I wish the back were a tad bit higher. I just hope the springs don't settle too much.

IamJanuar
12-03-2004, 12:40 PM
What wheels are you using?

Ashkan's C280
12-03-2004, 12:41 PM
Which springs were better for handling H&R or the vogs?

Jbizzyc43
12-03-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm using some 18x8 Hamann look-a-like rims. It looks like the Hamann BMW rims. I liked the 5 spoke design that I had on my M3 I wanted it on my Benz! But I'm already shopping for a new set of wheels. I want to do it right and have a nice staggered set up like it was with the stock wheels. I might even go back to the Monoblocks believe it or not, maybe in 18". Those are by far the best looking wheels for this car. I like them because the spokes are thick and the wheel looks aggressive. The look only a Mercedes can pull off. I don't know though, we'll see. As far as the ride quality, I like it so far. It's a lot more softer ride than the H&R's firm ride. And also the drop is not as aggressive as the H&R's. It's not tucking, so I'm extremely pleased. That was actually my main concern.

Jbizzyc43
12-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Ashkan,

I thinkg the handling was a little more stiffer with the H&Rs compared to the Vogtlands, but I've still yet to see. I still have to let it settle in and then get the car realigned. I'll let you know. I'm still not too thrilled about the handling on my Mercedes' though. I'm more partial to BMW as far as handling goes. Those cars ride like they're on rails even from factory. (Please dont hurt me 'cause I said that) Mercedes beats BMW on every other aspect, though. Style, quality, etc.

KWiK
12-03-2004, 02:58 PM
now you just need some Koni adjustables :cool:

Jbizzyc43
12-03-2004, 03:12 PM
word...

Ashkan's C280
12-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Well I like a stiff ride so getting the stiffest possible which springs should I go with... H&R or ebs brabus or amg

Jbizzyc43
12-03-2004, 04:09 PM
The question is also, how low do you want to go? The H&R's are probably the stiffest, but they will drop your car probably lower than all the other springs. Not too sure though.

KWiK
12-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
Well I like a stiff ride so getting the stiffest possible which springs should I go with... H&R or ebs brabus or amg
Ashkan's C280,
I offered you more than once to drive my car, with Vogtland/Koni, what are you waiting on?

You will never know which you like better if all you do is ask questions on a forum. You need to try some different spring/shock combos to see what you like best. So borrow or buy, but do something already...

pnsji
12-03-2004, 04:31 PM
Where did you get your spring from?

KWiK
12-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by pnsji
Where did you get your spring from?
I got my springs at www.purems.com

jstrat85
12-03-2004, 07:08 PM
i got bilstein shocks with volten springs and a big brake upgrade. very nice! from (tws) the wheel supply! they are the best!!:D :D :D

JRE320
12-03-2004, 10:40 PM

Just remember the H&R sport springs got 2 part# one for 1.25 drop and the other is for 1.5 drop. it's all up you to decide and
the pad # counts too.

jnolte
12-04-2004, 04:30 AM
Ashkan!! All talk no Game!!!

Jbizzyc43
12-04-2004, 07:05 AM
oh... here we go again with the comments.

jnolte
12-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Jbizzyc43
Just got my Vogtlands installed. Very nice ride. I've yet to get them aligned. Gonna wait til' next week to give them some time to settle in. I'll try to post some pics soon. Broke my digital cam. got to go Best Buy and pick one up tonight. I'm really happy with the drop. One finger gap in rear and two finger gap up front. I used #4 pads all around. I wish the back were a tad bit higher. I just hope the springs don't settle too much.

springs settle quite a bit. Your rear may tuck more than the front. Perhaps if you put a 4 in the front and 5 in the back or 3 in the front and 5 out back. also if you ever get any ICE in the trunk that is going to make the rear settle more.

Its kinda weird how people are compalining about the H&Rs haveing to low of a drop. ALL the cars i have ever experienced with H&Rs the drop is perfect with the sport rake. Im sure there is plenty of people here on the forum who run H&Rs that LOVE them.

Ashkan's C280
12-04-2004, 02:35 PM
what is sport rake?

jnolte
12-05-2004, 04:12 PM
what is sport rake?

front is lower than back, looks good on rear wheel drive cars.

jstrat85
12-06-2004, 02:51 PM
did my big brake upgrade and my suspension today but the weather sucks here in new york today! rain, rain and nothing else but rain! couldnt try it out that much! ill post up pics as soon as possible!!:D :D

speedybenz
12-06-2004, 07:55 PM
If you want to hook up in Sacto I could meet you at lunch and give you a ride in my C43 with high rate springs and Penske shocks.

Jeff

Jbizzyc43
12-16-2004, 08:20 AM
Okay, after two weeks now with the vogtlands. I like the feel of them more than the H&Rs. They're not as stiff for everyday driving. However, it settled a bit more than I liked. I liked the 2 finger gap it had up front when I had the springs installed. Now its settled a little low, althought not as low as H&Rs. The back is perfect and NOT tucking, as i wanted. The car actually does have the "RAKE" look now.

Hey Kwik, I was wondering, will 19" (19x8.5 and 19x9.5) fit on my car with this drop? Any rubbing?

KWiK
12-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Jbizzyc43 Hey Kwik, I was wondering, will 19" (19x8.5 and 19x9.5) fit on my car with this drop? Any rubbing?
I don't know, I have only tried 18"

How about posting some pics now...