PDA

View Full Version : MSD installation on 95 C280

jnenad16
12-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Hey guys,
if any one of you out there tried this mod and failed, you did nothing wrong. I purchased the unit early this year, along with the appropriate adapters for the dis-4 unit. installed it, started the car, the car ran fine for about 10 min, started to hesitate and died. restarted the car, it ran for about 30 sec, died again. I tried it without the adapters, no change. So I waited for the SEMA show so I can talk to the MSD engineers. Head engineer, Jeff Gaul, told me that the problem might be in the return signal from the coil to the ecu because the mds unit is between them and is not returning proper signal to the ecu. He offered his help and asked me to send them one of my ignition coils to test the resistance and to fabricate new adapters for my application. So i did about two weeks ago. Few days ago I got a call from one of the guys working on this project, and he told me that this is kicking their ass because of the mercedes' weird rev limit/fuel cut-off at 2100 rpm upwards. He said they borrowed one C280 from the local dealership for testing purposes, and they are trying everything they can, so if they get around the problem, they will create a new adapter for this application. so now I'm waiting and hoping that i didn't spend $500+ dollars on nothing. I will keep you posted.

Nenad