PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Spacer problems?

SilverSlammed
12-06-2004, 09:26 AM
Can anyone tell me if they have had any wheel spacer problems from 20mm rear H&R spacers? I ordered them but have heard horror stories on wheel stud breakage if the spacers are too long. I wanted to put 5mm in the front and 20mm in the rear to give my Benz a better stance. (Silver C230 Sport, 18" BSA 259 Rims, lowered 2" w/ H&R springs). Can anyone comment on their experiences with 20mm spacers? Would I be better off with 15mm instead?:confused:

KenzBenz
12-06-2004, 11:46 AM
I dont know anything about 20mm in the back, but 5's in the front will not work, your car will shake when you go past 40 mph. That's my experience. I had 5mm H&R's in the front.

Pablo7
12-06-2004, 12:01 PM
i am running 20mm spacers in my w202, i´ve installed them last saturday so no much experience yet
what i can tell you is that the first time i installed them, i went out of the shop and the car bounced as hell, i went there again (this weekend) and they had to balance my wheels while they were on the car with a special tool that made them spin fast and a light flashed to see if they shaked.
no the car is perfect! no shake at all, i went to the expressway, 200km/h was the faster i could go because of trafic and it is perfect. the only misbalance i could sense was at 110-120 km/h, the steering wheel shaked a little there. but while going faster or slower, nothing happened. and the handling improved a lot.
so my advice is go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

714guy
12-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by SilverSlammed
Can anyone tell me if they have had any wheel spacer problems from 20mm rear H&R spacers? I ordered them but have heard horror stories on wheel stud breakage if the spacers are too long. I wanted to put 5mm in the front and 20mm in the rear to give my Benz a better stance. (Silver C230 Sport, 18" BSA 259 Rims, lowered 2" w/ H&R springs). Can anyone comment on their experiences with 20mm spacers? Would I be better off with 15mm instead?:confused:

My cousin has 20mm in the back, an know problem at all, Just make sure you get the right size Lug bolts, every wheell will require a different size. Its all dependant on the wheel. Call up TWS, they'll be able to help.

jnenad16
12-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by SilverSlammed

wheel stud? you should be getting the ones that use lug bolts. did you order DRS instead of DR/DRA type of spacer?