PDA

View Full Version : headrest problem

sugrdaddey
12-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Today, I wanted to lower my driver headrest and the shit wouldnt go down. I hear the motor moving, but it doesn't go up or down. And it started sliding down while i was driving. Not that big of a deal but a pain in the ass. Anyone have an idea what the problem might be? This might be stupid and ghetto but..the passanger seat and the driver seat are different and therefore not interchangeable right?

jnenad16
12-07-2004, 06:52 PM
most likely the motor gears are shaved or broken. take the back panel off(from the back of your seat) and you should be able to see whatz going on in there. to take the panel off, press the button near the top of the panel( it lools like an indentation), then either pull it up or towards you(its been awhile since i did one of these). if i recall correctly, thats should set you in the right direction.

nenad

sugrdaddey
12-08-2004, 08:09 AM
hey thanks alot for your response. i'll do that today. i was actually clueless about headrest motors so thanks again.

jnenad16
12-08-2004, 04:44 PM
your are welcome. let me know how it turns out.

nenad

FreeStyler
12-08-2004, 05:35 PM
My driver side headrest wont go up anymore. But it broke like 6 months ago.....oh well..........:(

martattack
12-08-2004, 09:12 PM
I repaired my passenger side headrest when it was broken.. turned out a plastic part in there broke. I repaired it with some JB Weld. If there is interest I will do a little write-up with pictures that I took when I fixed it

ja2k
02-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by BoominBenz
I repaired my passenger side headrest when it was broken.. turned out a plastic part in there broke. I repaired it with some JB Weld. If there is interest I will do a little write-up with pictures that I took when I fixed it

If your not busy could you please do the write , because for some reason my driver side seat wont recline or move forward and the headrest wont go up. And this all happend the other day.

Thanks again;) :)

martattack
02-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Did all of those functions go out at once? It sounds like an electrical problem.. Make sure you check the fuses! Also could be a wiring harness problem. I'm working on building a website that will have a whole bunch of DIY Tech tips. Look for that soon!

ja2k
02-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by BoominBenz
Did all of those functions go out at once? It sounds like an electrical problem.. Make sure you check the fuses! Also could be a wiring harness problem. I'm working on building a website that will have a whole bunch of DIY Tech tips. Look for that soon!

Yes they did go all out at once. Thanks alot for your help, i check the fuses today.

SLAMMED_C
02-13-2005, 12:04 PM
I would say check the fuse if they all went at once. if could possibly be the seat switch too..
as for others with problems with headrets not working.. It could be the seat switch and poor contact on the headrest swicth only.. it could be the motor, and it could be a wiring proble.
your going to have to do some electrical testing. checking for power at each spot to make sure power is even getting to the motor.

as for the ones with headrest motors they can hear working but nothing is happening.. either the headrest has popped out of the motor itself.. and can be put back in place by pushing worn on the headrest to lock it back into place.. or some sort of plastic clip inside has broken off.
remove the seat back by removing 2 screws on the bottom of the panel.. and you may need to remove any adjustment knobs on the side of the seat (if equipped) buy prying them off with a plastic wedge.