PDA

View Full Version : asr light

c_lee
12-09-2004, 02:31 PM
when u lower a 202, the asr light comes on? or no?

jnolte
12-09-2004, 03:22 PM
if not done correctrly it might, there is a sensor onthe back axels. maybe its for the breaking system imnot sure.

manny
12-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by c_lee
when u lower a 202, the asr light comes on? or no?

No.

jnolte
12-09-2004, 05:10 PM
what is that sensor on the control arm in the rear that has to be disconnected and reconnected when you drop the arm down? does it have anything to do with the ESP or ABS? When we lowered my car i was skepitcal to un hook it but we had to or iw ould bend and break

benzaddict
12-09-2004, 09:25 PM
The only sensor on the rear links that I can think of is the level sensor for xenon lights. If you have a car with Xenon's that's probably what your talking about.

The ASR system won't be effected by lowering, only if you cut the sensor wires or removed the sensor. Drastically different sized tires would also activate the light.

jnolte
12-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by benzaddict
The only sensor on the rear links that I can think of is the level sensor for xenon lights. If you have a car with Xenon's that's probably what your talking about.

The ASR system won't be effected by lowering, only if you cut the sensor wires or removed the sensor. Drastically different sized tires would also activate the light.

you live in renton too?

what kind of w202 do you have? Any mods?

i live more in the renton/newcastle area

benzaddict
12-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I live just east of the Renton Highlands. I don't have a 202, right now I have a few 190E 16V's and a '98 CLK320 that I will bring to the get together. I have dropped it with an Eibach pro-kit and put some AMG wheels on it, but it's that horribly ugly green color. I guess I'll see ya Saturday!