PDA

View Full Version : Lexion Wheels

98c43amg
12-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Anyone ever see these or know someone with them and have an opinion about them?

http://www.importhookup.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=269

They come in our bolt pattern (5X112), many different offsets, and are said to be forged.
(Ray's other wheels, Volks, don't come in 5X112)

98c43amg
12-11-2004, 10:04 PM
I just tried the link with a new browser window. The board must cancel direct access to a forum topic and redirect you to the home page if you don't have a prior session on the server.

The Forum path to click is :

Forums > Wheels/Tires > Lexion Wheels, new rims by Rays Engineering

ryhi
12-12-2004, 01:04 AM
wow... they look pretty cool ... a few sets resemble carlsson wheels.

solodough
12-12-2004, 09:55 AM
and they're just as expensive as carlssons, if not more. www.rayswheel.co.jp has pricing/size/fitment/finish (the english link is on the lower left)

jnolte
12-12-2004, 02:12 PM
where are the whells made?

solodough
12-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
where are the whells made?

looks like they're made in japan, plus they're advertised in DUB magazine

98c43amg
12-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by solodough
www.rayswheels.co.jp (the english link is on the lower left)

thnx ... I kept missing that every time I loaded that URL yesterday. (actually, as Cablevision has been suck'n lately with latency and IP packet retries through the roof, I never waited around for the link's picture to load so never saw the link)

also, I corrected the URL. it's rayswheelS.co.jp

btw, I find the rims are under the name A/X on Ray's site; and they are =not= forged, like the guy selling them on importhookup.com was saying ... so they are =not= worth the buletoes (sic) they're being sold for IMO.

GPReyes
12-13-2004, 09:10 AM
103 looks like the lorinsers

201 and 203 look like carlssons

307 looks like lorinsers

personally if I was going for that look I'd might as well go for the more traditional benz tuners (ie: amg, lorinser, carlsson, brabus) rather than a non benz brand...

but if that's the idea and you do want something different..I'd choose the 303's over the others...quite unique and is actually a nice design that would look symbiotic with the 202's lines...

98c43amg
12-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Thanx for your opinion.

What piqued my interest in this manufacturer was the person selling them said they were forged. I've been through 3 17X7.5 AMG Monoblocks, 2 17X8.5 AMG Monoblocks, and 4 18X8.5 Brabus Monoblock VI rims... So after about $5000 spent on rims that are now bent beyond repair or drivability and at the recycler, I'm looking for =stronger= rims.

Well, many of Ray's rims are forged. These Lexions are not forged however, so I'm not too keen on going with these knock-offs anymore.

solodough
12-13-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by 98c43amg
Thanx for your opinion.

What piqued my interest in this manufacturer was the person selling them said they were forged. I've been through 3 17X7.5 AMG Monoblocks, 2 17X8.5 AMG Monoblocks, and 4 18X8.5 Brabus Monoblock VI rims... So after about $5000 spent on rims that are now bent beyond repair or drivability and at the recycler, I'm looking for =stronger= rims.

Well, many of Ray's rims are forged. These Lexions are not forged however, so I'm not too keen on going with these knock-offs anymore.

have you considered 3 piece wheels? fixin the damage whouldn't necessarily kill the entire wheel.