PDA

View Full Version : Speaker locations for Non-bose

Gorister
12-13-2004, 09:57 AM
I am in the process of upgrading my system and have a few questions. I was under the impression that I didnt have a Bose system, however in one of the threads that came up in a search it said that if you have speakers in the rear door then you have Bose. Well I have the speakers in the rear door so I searched for a Bose amp. It isnt there so I have to go back to my original assumption that I am bose-less.

Is it possible to have the rear door speakers and no Bose?

Thanks guys.

audiophile
12-13-2004, 12:05 PM
yes it is. you have no bose.;)

Gorister
12-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Thanks. That is what I thought. I am going to install an Alpine headunit and XM tuner. Any suggestions on a brand of speakers?

audiophile
12-13-2004, 03:27 PM
what ever sounds good to you. i have mb quart in mine.;)

neema12
12-13-2004, 04:18 PM
I suggest CDTs, I have a set of the 61cls in my car and they are great. Look for components for the front, and coaxial in the rear doors. Dont get speakers for the rear deck beacause it may cause improper imaging. The front doors can take 6.5" speakers, and the rear doors 5.25". I dont think mb quarts makes speakers that are worth anything near the price they ask, the q series are nice tho and I give them that much. Otherwise, cdt, bostons, focal, and Phoenix Gold Ti6 Elites, adires, Diamond Audio M3, and a few more.

sleek_benzo
12-14-2004, 07:00 AM
MB quarts are nice.. little too harsh for me though..

i highly suggest morel.. i audition a set and i must say.. they're very nice..

focal would be the next in the line..

car audio is limitless.. it all depends on how much you're willing to spend..

Ashkan's C280
12-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by audiophile
what ever sounds good to you. i have mb quart in mine.;)

whats that? how much? and where can I buy? also how did you know if you had bose again, my car came with the bose tape so i thought I had it but I could be wrong...

Gorister
12-14-2004, 04:24 PM
Will I need a different harness in order to install a Alpine HU? Where is a good place to get one?

neema12
12-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Yes , you will need a harness to install a diffrent HU. I forgot the model # but its made for VW's and is around $10. Dont want to sound like an ass and tell you to do a search, but i am 100% sure the fourm is on this site, it has the link to the harness and a how to of installing the HU, thanks.

Denlasoul
12-14-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by neema12
Dont want to sound like an ass and tell you to do a search, but i am 100% sure the fourm is on this site, it has the link to the harness and a how to of installing the HU, thanks.
Gorrister, use the search button for "Nakamichi Install" and type in the usename pnsji.