PDA

View Full Version : Susanto OR any other... input please

CKlasse
12-19-2004, 04:34 PM
I have the opportunity to get a sponsorship by either Kenwood or Eclipse. Obviously it includes LCD/DVD/NAV head unit, amp, couple of 10-12subs and custom fiberglass mount in the trunk. They'll cover all the parts, and another shop will fab the fiberglass, and install everything for me.

Well when it comes to ice -- I am clueless. Which brand name should I go for. And the reasons if you could. Both wants a year of commitment -- both has 5 shows locally and 2 out of States. Both sponsorships are through a local electronic distributor.

J Irwan
12-19-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by CKlasse
I have the opportunity to get a sponsorship by either Kenwood or Eclipse. Obviously it includes LCD/DVD/NAV head unit, amp, couple of 10-12subs and custom fiberglass mount in the trunk. They'll cover all the parts, and another shop will fab the fiberglass, and install everything for me.

Well when it comes to ice -- I am clueless. Which brand name should I go for. And the reasons if you could. Both wants a year of commitment -- both has 5 shows locally and 2 out of States. Both sponsorships are through a local electronic distributor.

Ken,

Based on my experience here is the dillemma.

Head unit Wise, I would pick Kenwood KVT-915 DVD (the top pf the line Screen-Headunit).
Kenwood make the first touch screen TV-Headunit. So they have been around with the technology.

The eclipse headunit is okay, but in my opinion Kenwood is better.

However in term of speaker and subwoofer, I would pick Eclipse.

Since you're looking for the whole sponsorship.
I would pick Eclipse if I were you. Screen in my opinion is just for looks, I would enjoyed more of the sound quality of the whole system rather than the look of the headunit.

Hope this helps.

Regardz,

714guy
12-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Eclipse subs are the bomb, especially the titaniums.

audiophile
12-19-2004, 11:31 PM
cklasse
how did you get this opportunity

CKlasse
12-20-2004, 05:11 AM
That's two for the Eclipse. They also told me on the Eclips 7" LCD, they will build a custom panel and move the lower half of the middle panel toward where the coin tray is. Since they don't have the same 'CF' look material, they'll just have to laminate the whole thing w/ real CF. That seems to be too much work. Thoughts?

714guy
12-20-2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by CKlasse
That's two for the Eclipse. They also told me on the Eclips 7" LCD, they will build a custom panel and move the lower half of the middle panel toward where the coin tray is. Since they don't have the same 'CF' look material, they'll just have to laminate the whole thing w/ real CF. That seems to be too much work. Thoughts?

all long as it looks good and tasteful, just dont let them get carried away like the Apline cars. Congrats on the opportunity.

sugrdaddey
12-20-2004, 09:14 PM
yeah go for Eclipse bro. a buddy of mine has a whole Eclipse setup in his GTI and its really top notch.

CKlasse
12-21-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by audiophile
cklasse
how did you get this opportunity

Knowing the right people at the right time.

sleek_benzo
12-21-2004, 07:10 AM
damn you!! i wish i was in that predictament..

umm.. kenwood kvt-915 headunit

i'm not really fimilar with kenwood/eclipse component.. though their coaxials are decent...

surly you'll have to the the eclipse sub.. alum/ti both are very good performer...

but hey.. their free anyways so might as well go all out.. :D

good luck.

pnsji
02-25-2005, 10:08 AM
i have no clue on the dvd/screen department mang... sorry...

alboogiee
02-25-2005, 06:15 PM
like the guy said up above, kenwood has better screens, but its really not the look, it's the function, you can get the same function with not that great of a look but then you take the flip side, quality of the eclipse product vs. kenwood, i dont know the history of eclipse, but i know kenwood started out with home electronic, receivers and tvs whatever, i think they should have stuck with that... jus my opinion, but if you had choice, pioneer dvd/screen and alpine or kicker audio... i have a pioneer dvd/touchsceen and kicker comp sub with stock non bose system sounds great, planning on upgrading stock speakers... eventualy