PDA

View Full Version : Visor Part

Brabus
06-16-2003, 03:26 PM
Is there a part number for a visor that comes withOUT the mirror?? Or do all of them have a mirror?

Renn 208
06-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Need an order of LCD's to go with that visor mayhaps?

Brabus
06-17-2003, 08:46 AM
Yes I do... and my shop can't seem to find a replacement fit for the w202... so I figure they can make a custom one if I get them a visor without the mirror...

nokia8860
06-17-2003, 08:52 AM
I am unsure if US models ever came without mirrors. You might wanna try vin in the UK as he wanted mirror ones so a trade might work as he doesnt have mirror ones.

JRE320
06-17-2003, 01:45 PM
Wonder why UK don't have the mirrors on their visors.... :rolleyes: I'm thinking maybe they got too many Vampires driving around and scared of mirrors... :D :)

Brabus
06-17-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by JRE320
Wonder why UK don't have the mirrors on their visors.... :rolleyes: I'm thinking maybe they got too many Vampires driving around and scared of mirrors... :D :)

I think maybe the base models (classic) might not have the vanity mirrors...

Thanks Joey, I'll e-mail Vin

William420
06-17-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Brabus
Yes I do... and my shop can't seem to find a replacement fit for the w202... so I figure they can make a custom one if I get them a visor without the mirror...

They should still be able to make a custom one even WITH mirrors on your current OEM visors (of course, you will lose the mirros)... Won't be cheap($200 ~ $300 PER SIDE) but definitely doable.. I think the key is finding a sharp LCD that doesn't have a lot of buttons and not too thick, so you prob need stay away from name brand ones and go with a no name that'll fit better, and you can wrap it with suede or something!! :D I'll show you some pics when I get a chance..

Brabus
06-19-2003, 07:15 AM
Alright cool. Thanks Will

William420
06-20-2003, 01:00 AM
I took some pics at the shop today then I dropped my camera. When I got home (just now at 2am, had a big problem that took 6 hours to fix, but that's long story) and hooked up the camera to my laptop, the camera won't turn on.. Checked and the battery is GONE :eek: Must have slipped out when I dropped the camera. hahaha. Oh well, will show them to you when I find the battery.

I saw another car that they just mount the screen right on top of the visor (instead of flush look), and I think that's a lot easier since you won't need to do upholstery again which would take about 3 hours to do it right per side, so maybe something you want to consider.

Koolvin
06-21-2003, 11:42 PM
our visors did come with mirrors but they are only small ones without iilumination - ideal for taking out and fitting a screen in:

If you want to trade then let me know.

http://www.shudehill.demon.co.uk/c230k/visors8.jpg