PDA

View Full Version : CEL and Loss of Power

Gorister
12-25-2004, 10:10 PM
earlier this evening my girlfriend and I were heading down the interstate to go see my parents. Out of nowhere the CEL came on and my car loss a lot of power. Felt almost as if the supercharger wasnt working. So I got off at the next exit and turned the car off and back on. Then when I put the transmission into gear nothing happened. I put the trans back in park and tried one more time and it went into gear with no problem. After cutting it off the car also gained all of its power back and ran as if nothing happened. So I drove back and kept an eye on the everything. Everything was fine however the CEL light was still on. Then after my drive home...roughly 2 hours...I pulled in for some gas. Once I started the car again there was no check engine light. Any idea what may have caused all this?

This is a 99 Kompressor

Thanks in advance.

manny
12-26-2004, 08:12 AM
If your CEL was on, there should be DTC's ( Diagnostic Trouble Codes ) stored in the computers memory.
You will have to get these codes read & interpreted, before throwing money at anything. ;)

SLAMMED_C
12-26-2004, 10:47 AM
just a guess.. but the MAS.. with stored codes po170 or po173 for self adaptation at limit.

have it checked out, get someone to scan for codes.. but with those symptoms it sounds like a MAS.