So what's my new wheels?

Check it out

Comment please :)

pnsji
06-16-2003, 08:39 PM
and the quickie shopped

Denlasoul
06-16-2003, 08:40 PM
Awwww snap! Looks pretty good. I was thinking 'bout that too awhile ago, but decided against it. A black face 18 looks smaller than an 18 in silver. Is your dish polished?

Also, gotta get those tires nice and clean. Looks dull against the black face. :)

CKlasse
06-16-2003, 09:05 PM
Very tasteful.... For mafia that is! Now, all you need is to dress Matrix style :) You do need the darkened headlights afterall. Worries not, I ll post pictures soon - Arrival is tomorrow! :)

Did you shop the grill too? Don't forget to paint your nuts too.. The lug nuts that is.

pnsji
06-16-2003, 09:05 PM
haha thanks :)

The lip is extra polished and looks like almost chorme... hence that's why my sig now ;)

jnolte
06-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Yeah Pnsji that looks nice. How did you do that?? Is it painted?? Did you just have your local body hsop do that?/ How much did they charge you?/ That looks really good. I like the all black chromatic look. nice job!!!:cool:

pnsji
06-16-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by CKlasse
Did you shop the grill too?

I already have the black grill long time ago mang :)
http://gilbreth.ecn.purdue.edu/~nkumala/pnsji/2/d.jpg

kameraguy
06-16-2003, 09:11 PM
Whoa!! u finally did this!! sweeet man!

Hmmmm....something missing......maybe....smoked.....headlights....:p

pnsji
06-16-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
Yeah Pnsji that looks nice. How did you do that?? Is it painted?? Did you just have your local body hsop do that?/ How much did they charge you?/ That looks really good. I like the all black chromatic look. nice job!!!:cool:

It was done in a wheel repair place and cost me about $250 each....

pnsji
06-16-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by kameraguy
Whoa!! u finally did this!! sweeet man!

Hmmmm....something missing......maybe....smoked.....headlights....:p

haha Thanks Kam...
Smoke headlight would be a little bit ... too dark :D

kameraguy
06-16-2003, 09:25 PM
LOL! yeah, but damn dude, if you gonna go black, you gotta go all the way...and as you know..once you go black, you cannot go back :p :p :p

sanf
06-16-2003, 09:27 PM
Good stuff... whats next my friend

Scotty-C190E
06-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Wow, I had no idea you were doing this! I thought you were doing the Moven double spoke.

My thoughts:
Perfect! It really completes your look. REally giving me ideas!

pnsji
06-16-2003, 10:09 PM
Thanks my friend...

What's next.. coming soon :cool:

JRE320
06-16-2003, 10:19 PM
It sure look's good mang... now you sure about this? there's no turning back once you mount them all..... :ermm: :knocked: ;) :cool:

Dr. ///AMG
06-16-2003, 10:24 PM
Once you black, you don't go back!

After setting the Indo style, you now set the MAFIA style! :D

Renn 208
06-16-2003, 10:26 PM
shiet doo....tight...hella tight. I'll be wanting to check out the quality of the paint job...so keep me posted mkay?

pnsji
06-16-2003, 10:37 PM
Hehehe
The quality of the paint job is definitely excellent.

The black wheels looks... smaller

Dr. ///AMG
06-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Dude my sister's car gonna look like your evil twin! She already has clear corners, black grill, H&R springs (in the box still and awaiting mounting). All she need are wheels (Moven Brabus VI) and shocks (bilstein sports). She even has bling bling mirrors.. Well sorta not blinking at the moment though.

JRE320
06-16-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Dr. ///AMG
Once you black, you don't go back!

After setting the Indo style, you now set the MAFIA style! :D

Did u just made a wrong turn? :p :D ;) Hey Doc wat the fuck is your email? :mad: Tried twice and came back... :confused: :bored: :(

jnolte
06-16-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by pnsji
Hehehe
The quality of the paint job is definitely excellent.

The black wheels looks... smaller

You have 2 sets of rims??? I am just bought Carlssons 1/5s but it would be nice to have some 18inch Monos also. Are you gunna get rid of them witht he tires ? if so i am intrested.

Dr. ///AMG
06-16-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by JRE320
Did u just made a wrong turn? :p :D ;) Hey Doc wat the fuck is your email? :mad: Tried twice and came back... :confused: :bored: :(

Must've went to the Phillipines or something!

lol

mikeone@charter.net

William420
06-16-2003, 10:54 PM
: FAINT :

Looks pretty damn pimp!! Crazy mofo!!! :D

I thought about doing that before but you are already one step of me. hahah. Good job man.

Doc, your sister's ride is another Mafia car. Ask her to join the site so we can all go kill some crew 744!!! :D Uh oh.. Now I just made myself enemy with like 200 members. That's ok. I'm not the one that started this Mafia thing so go after the creator. hahah :D

714guy
06-16-2003, 10:57 PM
tight ass, i been wanting to do that forever with my mono v but just ned some more resources. Did you get it painted or powder coated?? What did they do for 250 a wheel?? I ve been quoted less than 100 per wheel for color and polish lip. Really love the look, harcore.

pnsji
06-16-2003, 11:06 PM
J Nolte,

Sorry man, I am not selling anything to you. Maybe to Jun :D

Hey Will, I think black multipiece rims will look even bettter. DO IT!!!

$250 include sand blasting, powder coat, extra polished on the lip and shipping.

jnolte
06-16-2003, 11:13 PM
J Nolte,

Sorry man, I am not selling anything to you. Maybe to Jun :D

Hey Will, I think black multipiece rims will look even bettter. DO IT!!!

$250 include sand blasting, powder coat, extra polished on the lip and shipping.

Just becuz we dont get along or what??? Thats cool I dont expect anything from you anywayz....

Scotty-C190E
06-16-2003, 11:25 PM
Man, I didn't know you bought new wheels. I thought you powder coated your existing ones. Hey....wait.....Save those silver wheels till I get there!!!! I've got to see how they would look on my car....So pimp! J/K You can do what you want with them....so what is your plan for them? :bandit:

DerGolf1.8T
06-17-2003, 02:37 AM
holy shit... :eek:

Dr. ///AMG
06-17-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by William420
: FAINT :

Looks pretty damn pimp!! Crazy mofo!!! :D

I thought about doing that before but you are already one step of me. hahah. Good job man.

Doc, your sister's ride is another Mafia car. Ask her to join the site so we can all go kill some crew 744!!! :D Uh oh.. Now I just made myself enemy with like 200 members. That's ok. I'm not the one that started this Mafia thing so go after the creator. hahah :D

My sister isn't into forums, so her questions come through me :P

And who created the MAFIA? :P

mrjones
06-17-2003, 04:31 AM
Very very nice, pnsji!

Two thumbs up, and more pics please!! :)

Rocky
06-17-2003, 07:39 AM
Nice man.

Brabus
06-17-2003, 07:46 AM
Nice! I've always loved that look.

C280 JR
06-17-2003, 08:02 AM
the wheels are off the hook, but paying 250 each is a damn rip off, my friend did his wheels for 100 all four, and then he took a can of spray and polished it so that it does not chip,....and its very good now, very profesional looking

Elvir

nokia8860
06-17-2003, 08:09 AM
I think prices are all different. Just depends on where you live, where you bring it to, if you bring it to someone or just do it yourself.

For instance my powdercoating included making the wheels round as well and cost me 150 each.

Really depends on where you go and what you feel comfortable with.

Big props to your buddy for doing it at a great price!

Brabus
06-17-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860
I think prices are all different. Just depends on where you live, where you bring it to, if you bring it to someone or just do it yourself.

For instance my powdercoating included making the wheels round as well and cost me 150 each.

Really depends on where you go and what you feel comfortable with.

Big props to your buddy for doing it at a great price!

Very true... I did two of my wheels for $6 total! :D

pnsji
06-17-2003, 08:33 AM
Jnolte,

I already have arrangement on my current wheels.

C280JR,

The process is:
- Sand Blasting the current coating
- powder coat the new color paint
- Extra polish (almost chrome) on the lip
- Shipping from Indiana to SF.

98_Benzo
06-17-2003, 09:19 AM
I don't have as much money as everyone else on here, so all I could afford was to buy some damaged AMG Monoblock rims from Denlasoul. So, they are the stock 17's and since my car sits like 10 inches off the ground they look kind of funny. But, someday, if I can find some one in the Seattle/Bellevue area to fix the rims for a good price I will have them refinished to look new. So, if anyone knows of a good person to go to in the Seattle/Bellevue area please let me know.

nokia8860
06-17-2003, 10:03 AM
98: dont worry man im poor myself. If you have time why not see if you can take out the curb rash with a dremel then paint it over with some automotive paint?

couldnt hurt any. plus if it turns out really neat and all then your pocket will thank you!

Perhaps head down to the library or book store or even the net to get some pointers on general automotive painting to give you some pointers as well.

dwang
06-17-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860
98: dont worry man im poor myself. If you have time why not see if you can take out the curb rash with a dremel then paint it over with some automotive paint?

couldnt hurt any. plus if it turns out really neat and all then your pocket will thank you!

Martha Stewart at it again...

Dave

98_Benzo
06-17-2003, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the tip, I will try that. First, where do I get a dremel? Also, what the hell is that? I am trying to keep the out of pocket expenses down considering I spent my whole saturday at Mercedes of Bellevue getting my car fixed. I like some of you had my Mass Air Flow sensor crap out (AGAIN!!). I don't even have an aftermarket air intake or filter. That ended up costing me 685 for parts, labor, and towing. So, I am trying to keep all my expenses down right now. Also, if you have any tips on how to fix a bumper that would be much appreciated. I have a chunk missing out of my passenger side of my bumper. I came around a corner one night on a new street and there was a little planter box tree laying in the middle of the road and I tried to swerve and miss it, but I ended up hitting it anyways. I have taken my car to the Autobody repair places near me and most of the estimates are 1200. So, if anyone knows of a good cheap way to fix the bumper, please let me know. Supposedly I need a whole new bumper for my car, that's what the autobody places have told me.

Scotty-C190E
06-17-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by 98_Benzo
Thanks for the tip, I will try that. First, where do I get a dremel? Also, what the hell is that? I am trying to keep the out of pocket expenses down considering I spent my whole saturday at Mercedes of Bellevue getting my car fixed. I like some of you had my Mass Air Flow sensor crap out (AGAIN!!). I don't even have an aftermarket air intake or filter. That ended up costing me 685 for parts, labor, and towing. So, I am trying to keep all my expenses down right now. Also, if you have any tips on how to fix a bumper that would be much appreciated. I have a chunk missing out of my passenger side of my bumper. I came around a corner one night on a new street and there was a little planter box tree laying in the middle of the road and I tried to swerve and miss it, but I ended up hitting it anyways. I have taken my car to the Autobody repair places near me and most of the estimates are 1200. So, if anyone knows of a good cheap way to fix the bumper, please let me know. Supposedly I need a whole new bumper for my car, that's what the autobody places have told me.

The dremel tool is the poor mans one stop shop tool. Try anywhere that has tools to buy one. Get cordless. Joey, I would be interested in taking the curb rash off my rims with the dremel tool. Do you know what to use and how to do this? Email at slchaffin@ou.edu

NOW, lets get back to Susanto's wheels please. ;)

pnsji
06-17-2003, 12:02 PM
98_benzo,

You do mods slowly mang,

Like for me, Since I am not sure about how it will look, I was searching for a budget 18" monoblock wheel. Once I found them, I save up money to paint them.
So, you don't have to do everything all at once.....

Right now I am still saving up to upgrade the ICE in my car.

714guy
06-17-2003, 01:08 PM
98_benzo

Yeah listen to the PIMP he know whats hes talking about, I too just just a second set of wheels noe just waiting for some moe resources to flow in before doin it also. Get a rotory tool from sears($60) and get the $9 3yr warranty also. Or if you have access to an air compressor thats even better get some air tools alot cheaper.

CKlasse
06-17-2003, 04:37 PM

Right now I am still saving up to upgrade the ICE in my car.

Is there such thing? I mean what's more could it be done. Most could only wish what you already had. :)

Renn 208
06-17-2003, 04:48 PM
Is there such thing? I mean what's more could it be done. Most could only wish what you already had. :)

Until susanto can close his eyes and not tell the difference between a recording and a live performance...there will always be more to do.

pnsji
06-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Renn 208
Until susanto can close his eyes and not tell the difference between a recording and a live performance...there will always be more to do.

fap fap fap :D

Deepchord
06-18-2003, 07:38 PM
[edit]

CKlasse
06-18-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Deepchord
I think waiting is important as I grow older. Back in my teens and 20's, I was like RIIIIIGHT NOOOOW, gotta have it RIIIIGHT NOW! As the big hand hit 30 this year, I am like "dude, why not just wait a couple of months, hang on to what I got and get the shit I REALLY want." Don't be a pussy, you can wait and get the goood shit.

Relax guy, you just turned 30! tsk tsk tsk... :p

Deepchord
06-18-2003, 07:59 PM
[edit]

CKlasse
06-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Deep... arent you the same guy from Ken Carl? post your ride!

Deepchord
06-18-2003, 08:07 PM
[edit]

pnsji
06-19-2003, 12:03 AM
Shieettttt

I got no money now :D :cool:

CKlasse
06-19-2003, 08:48 AM
you could always sell your ride to Jnolte :D :D :D :D

Koolvin
06-19-2003, 09:04 AM
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

speedybenz
06-19-2003, 09:55 AM
Susanto, Very nice and sleathly. The powdercoating work looks great. I hope to see your car in person one of these days.

Jeff

pnsji
06-19-2003, 10:05 AM
you could always sell your ride to Jnolte :D :D :D :D

huahahahah :D :D :D

kameraguy
06-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Brabus
Very true... I did two of my wheels for $6 total! :D

And the best part is that it looks hand crafted, can't beat that!!!!! :p

jnolte
06-19-2003, 12:07 PM
Yeah sounds good

SLK Boy
06-19-2003, 12:24 PM
As much as I love the rims (very Wald-ish), i can't help but see flashes of Knight Rider... :) I kinda liked the silver rims better...makes the wheels look a lot bigger...

Either way, it looks great!

btw, Sears had some good discounts on dremel's this past weekend (Father's day specials)...wonder if they still have any sales going on...

oh, and about the V1...i kept telling myself i'll save up for it...well, i went out and bought one after i got pulled over...doh...just do it!

98_Benzo
06-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Come to find out, "Dremel" is the company that makes the tools. So, is you you guys are talking about, a rotary tool? Cause I found them for pretty cheap at Sears (Thanks SLK!!!). The tool comes with something like 50 accessories to do all these cool things. Also, how am I supposed to use this tool to get rid of curbing marks? Am I to use the grinding, sanding, sawing, vibrating, or polishing feature on it?

nokia8860
06-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by SLK Boy
i can't help but see flashes of Knight Rider... :)

But you forget alot of us thought that k.i.t.t was the coolest car ever.

http://www.garagemdaaventura.hpg.ig.com.br/KITT%209.jpg

SLK Boy
06-19-2003, 01:00 PM
Ah...nice pic of KITT. :) Man, I wanted a trans am for the longest time...

funny thing...2 nights ago, i saw a trans am with that led light in the front...hehe..it was orange though..blah..at least he should've gotten red or green (like KARR)...

Dremel is one of the brand names that sell rotary tools..maybe they were the first? Kinda like how you call bandages Band Aids (which is made by Johnson & Johnson) or tissues Kleenex or cola Coke.

Sorry, I haven't used dremels too much, and when I do, i only use the disc to cut things. :)

98_Benzo
06-19-2003, 01:03 PM
TRUE, good points. So, maybe I will just start hacking away at the rim.....it should eventually look somewhat decent.

Ozzie Bob
07-07-2003, 02:41 AM
Holy Shit, all this time I thought the black wheels (in the sig) where a photoshop :confused: :(
That looks UNBEFOOKENLIEVABLE mang! :D :D :D :D I like it! :cool: