PDA

View Full Version : Cel & Rev Limit

jswong888
12-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, just got a 98 C280 with 100K miles (pretty much stock). Love the car and looking to do some mods (suspension & wheels). But my main problem right now is the CEL.

I got an ODB reader from autozone. codes varied from engine misfire and MAS. I changed all the spark plugs to bosch platinums and that seemed to rid the misfire codes, but the CEL is still on. I also used electric contact cleaner for the air sensor but still CEL is on. The engine feels like it runs smooth & strong, but i notice that when I peg it from standstill, the engine kinda stalls at 50k RPM for a good second and then teh transmission shifts.

Should I worry about the CEL and is that somehow also causing the stall or is the stall transmision related? Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated.

jnolte
12-26-2004, 04:46 PM
all your problems may be solved if you change your MAF. It will rpoblay fix the CEL and your tranny may shift correctly then after a new MAF is installed. Go to www.importec.com and find the MAF its a easy thing to install, easier than washing your windows. There is also a write up on how to swap a maf done bye JRE320.

hope that helps

jnenad16
12-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by jswong888
The engine feels like it runs smooth & strong, but i notice that when I peg it from standstill, the engine kinda stalls at 50k RPM for a good second and then teh transmission shifts.

yeah, go ahead and change the MAS, but it sound like the clutch might be slipping. but then again, electronic trannys on benzes are dependent on MAS and other sensors' input.

nenad

joeyskates
12-26-2004, 06:06 PM
Yeah to me it sounds like a tranny problem since if it was the MAF the engine wouldn't be so strong and smooth?