PDA

View Full Version : Rear door sunshades

C Sport 6
01-03-2005, 02:30 AM
New to club202, this place is awesome!

I did a search for side window shades, but only found info on the rear sunshade which I already have. Back when I bought the rear sunshade, Mercedes-Benz was selling the rear door sunshades through their accessories catalogue. However, when I recently called my local MBZ parts dept. they had no idea that rear door sunshades existed for the w202, or even the manual rear shade!

Can anybody help me out? I would like to find the part #'s for the rear door sunshades, so I can order them. Thanks!

misterblack
01-03-2005, 12:40 PM
you can order them from your local Benz dealer.

do a google search on "W202 rear window shade" you'll find the information you are looking for.

htfan1
01-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by C Sport 6

I did a search for side window shades, but only found info on the rear sunshade which I already have. Back when I bought the rear sunshade, Mercedes-Benz was selling the rear door sunshades through their accessories catalogue. However, when I recently called my local MBZ parts dept. they had no idea that rear door sunshades existed for the w202, or even the manual rear shade!

Can anybody help me out? I would like to find the part #'s for the rear door sunshades, so I can order them. Thanks!

Do you have any pictures of the rear sunshade installed? I haven't seen one on a W202 up close.

What did the rear sunshade cost you? Do you have the part#?

Recaro18
01-03-2005, 01:02 PM
i have a pair on my car right now...i'll see if i can find the part number for you...gotta wait for the wifey to get home, she has the car..hehe

C Sport 6
01-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Thanks for all the help guys!

Recaro 18- I wait in anticipation :)
How do you like the rear door sunshades? Do they fit nicely? Any complaints? How do they mount?

htfan1-
The manual rear sunshade cost me about $80 about 4 years ago, got it from the dealer. It mounts to the indented panel in the rear parcel shelf. There are little plastic attachment points that the sunshade attaches to when in use at the top corners of the back window- they atttach with the provided double sided tape, and seem to hold wel, as they rest in the contours at the top of the C pillar trim panels. My only complaint is that the mounting system at the base is weak and only consists of 2 screws, which u drill into the parcel shelf.

Manual rear sunshade part # is as follows:
B66691179

Cant wait to get the side shades!

Thanks again!

Recaro18
01-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Thanks for all the help guys!

Recaro 18- I wait in anticipation :)
How do you like the rear door sunshades? Do they fit nicely? Any complaints? How do they mount?

i have no complaints! does its job...they just clip on, no screws needed...

htfan1
01-03-2005, 03:43 PM

The manual rear sunshade cost me about $80 about 4 years ago, got it from the dealer. It mounts to the indented panel in the rear parcel shelf. There are little plastic attachment points that the sunshade attaches to when in use at the top corners of the back window- they atttach with the provided double sided tape, and seem to hold wel, as they rest in the contours at the top of the C pillar trim panels. My only complaint is that the mounting system at the base is weak and only consists of 2 screws, which u drill into the parcel shelf.

Manual rear sunshade part # is as follows:
B66691179

Great info! Thank you C Sport 6

winhard
01-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Can somebody tell him where I can get the manual rear shade? I searched the internet and seems like nobody is carrying this part anymore.

Thanks!
Win

mbsickness
01-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by winhard
Can somebody tell him where I can get the manual rear shade? I searched the internet and seems like nobody is carrying this part anymore.

Thanks!
Win

Here is the PN for the manual rear sunshade which should be available at the dealer 6-6-69-1109 (as stated on my invoice)

bobcat
01-05-2005, 06:35 AM

Here you go...

Note: all of my windows are tinted at 35%, even the rear
window... just doesn't look that dark when picture is taken
with a flash.

The shade on the rear door window glass also does not
cover 100%. There's a 1-inch area along the rear end
of the glass(triangular glass) that's not covered.

It is also possible to have electrically-operated power rear
sunshade.(an option on W202 in Europe) I converted one
a few years ago on another W202. Cost about $550 back
then. It involves ordering the power rear sunshade, a
new rear shelf(with openenig), a dash switch, wiring harness,
and a new center dash wood panel(or you can just drill a
new hole for the switch)

http://img28.exs.cx/img28/3185/738j65x579523jy.jpg

http://img28.exs.cx/img28/8751/sgjhgjkd65449zi.jpg

http://img28.exs.cx/img28/5362/absb545tstry1uj.jpg

Got them from Caliber Motors(MB dealer in SoCal).
Ask for wholesale parts dept, phone: 800-CALIBER
No dealer I know of has cheaper prices on new OEM MB parts.

bobcat
01-09-2005, 03:21 PM
deleted

tinter101
01-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Why not just stick with tint? Seems like a waste of $$$.
These are annoying to look through as well. O.K. I'll admit
I'm a little biased considering I tint for a living.

bobcat
01-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by tinter101
Why not just stick with tint? Seems like a waste of $$$.
These are annoying to look through as well. O.K. I'll admit
I'm a little biased considering I tint for a living.

don't worry.... I support window tinters and all my cars/SUVs
are tinted to the maximum allowed by law... heck, even my
sunroof glass is also tinted to 20%. Between all my cars,
I've spent nearly $800 on window tint alone last year.

The mesh shades just enhance the privacy a bit more and
keeps the cabin somewhat cooler. (especially for those of
us who live in states with strict window tint laws)

02-07-2005, 04:29 AM
please since my local dealer is not particulary prompt, does someone can provide the part number for these nice rear door sunshades? How much did you pay for?

Having already the rear manual sunshade, I hope that the color/tint will match (considering that when I bought the manual shade, there was 2 possible and different part number, differing for the material of the shade it self, I bought the new one but the guys couldn't be able to tell me the differences).

Thanks a lot

:)

02-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by 1998K
please since my local dealer is not particulary prompt, does someone can provide the part number for these nice rear door sunshades? How much did you pay for?

Having already the rear manual sunshade, I hope that the color/tint will match (considering that when I bought the manual shade, there was 2 possible and different part number, differing for the material of the shade it self, I bought the new one but the guys couldn't be able to tell me the differences).

Thanks a lot

:)

up to me, please.:(

02-10-2005, 05:32 AM
:( :( :(

sleek_benzo
02-10-2005, 07:04 AM
offtopic:

but since you live in davis.. we should get together sometime.. 916 often have get together.. would love to see your car..

C Sport 6
02-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Would definitely be awesome to meet othher club202 members... looks like you gguys just had a meet last month, i guess i'll keep an eye out for posts on thhe next meet.

My C280 is going in for engine and suspension rebuilds sometime with the next month or tow, soo if I dont have it I can bring my 300D if you guys wouldnt mind seeing a 20 year old turbodiesel... haha

About the side window shades-

Im gonna call Caliber motors, and hopefully I'll be able to order the side window shades. It would be very helpful though if one of you guys that has the side shades already could post the part number(s) for them in case theyre needed. I havent dealt with Caliber, but at my local dealer parts dept at Von Housen motors in Sac, they seem to be pretty helpless.... they always need part numbers, and it usually requires a translator whho speaks english and MBZ to get through to the jerks at the counter, in addiitiion to social security numbers and god knows what else...

in other words theyre not very helpful, knowledgeable, courteous, or polite... UNLESS you have a part number.

Hopefully Caliber will be a different experience!

C Sport 6
03-11-2005, 06:54 PM
I just ordered my rear door sunshades from Caliber Motors. They will be arriving on Wed. of next week. Once they arrive, i will post the part numbers for them, so future inquiries will have all of the info they need to get these shades for their w202, on this thread.

03-14-2005, 02:29 AM
I just ordered my rear door sunshades from Caliber Motors. They will be arriving on Wed. of next week. Once they arrive, i will post the part numbers for them, so future inquiries will have all of the info they need to get these shades for their w202, on this thread.

that codes have been posted to me by other hungarian member here. Under "part number" section.

I've just installed one (left side) because the other that arrived me at dealership was broken:(

Thanks a lot in any case.

How do you compare to shade material to the the rear sunshade you probably have already? Mine is a bit different to the manual sunshade I have.

Hi:(

C Sport 6
03-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Well I havent gotten mine yet, but i hope they arent broken!!

How was the one that you ordered broken? Does it not open or is it warped or somthing? Im crossing my fingers that its not broken...

03-15-2005, 02:25 AM
Well I havent gotten mine yet, but i hope they arent broken!!

How was the one that you ordered broken? Does it not open or is it warped or somthing? Im crossing my fingers that its not broken...

Be trusting, but please check well the sending package: mine were open and the side plastic clip were broken. Further when at home, the other side couldn't came out of the shade itself: consequently I damaged the plastic clip that has to be pulled out

So check easy opening without too much force.

The SECOND set arrived at the Stealership were apparently fine,...but but:rolleyes: one shade had a strange metal rivet loose in the package: tried to open, were ok but, the shade couldn'y return closed.:(

Probably today is arrived the last one still missing (actually I have only the left side:D ).

Hope to help you.

As far as the installation, it's quite easy.

Hi:)

C Sport 6
03-15-2005, 02:45 PM
thanks for the info, i'll cross my fingers and hope they are in good working order. I'll post back here when I get thhem

03-16-2005, 12:03 AM
thanks for the info, i'll cross my fingers and hope they are in good working order. I'll post back here when I get thhem

AAAARGGGHHH YESTERDAY MY DAD WENT TO THE STEALERSHIP TO BRING ME THE NEW RIGHT SHADE: ALSO THE FURTHER NEW ONE IS BROKEN:eek: :eek:

OPEN BUT COULDN'T RETURN.

STEALERSHIP HAVE, AT THE MOMENT, 4 BROKEN SHADES IN THE SPARE PARTS STORE!:D :D

sorry for the capital letter but, please it's pathetic story.:)

C Sport 6
03-17-2005, 01:21 PM
I hevtn gotten mine yet, im still crossing my fingers.... i'll be VERY careful when i open the package to make sure any loose parts dont fall out and go missing, and i'll take extra car when opening the hsades for the first time.... and every subsequent time thereafter, thanks to your reccomendatiions. i wouldnmt want to break one by force... how aggrevating would that be?

God it sounds like youre not the only one having problems with these shades. The people at Caliber said that a gentleman ordered a set and his were broken as well.

In regards to the shade that wont close, you can still use it cant you? Just keep iit up all the time, and when u dont want it there remove the whole unit...?

03-18-2005, 02:56 AM
I hevtn gotten mine yet, im still crossing my fingers.... i'll be VERY careful when i open the package to make sure any loose parts dont fall out and go missing, and i'll take extra car when opening the hsades for the first time.... and every subsequent time thereafter, thanks to your reccomendatiions. i wouldnmt want to break one by force... how aggrevating would that be?

God it sounds like youre not the only one having problems with these shades. The people at Caliber said that a gentleman ordered a set and his were broken as well.

In regards to the shade that wont close, you can still use it cant you? Just keep iit up all the time, and when u dont want it there remove the whole unit...?

Just phoned for the new right shades but it's not arrived:(

as far as the broken shades they are all sitting in the stealership store, I don't want to attempt I just want a new one;)

Removing the whole unit because can't close do not jiustify the 70 Euro (for each one) you/I have to pay:)

Ashkan's C280
03-20-2005, 09:56 PM
so can this be an auto option like the rear shade in the back, rear auto side shade in the back?

03-21-2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
so can this be an auto option like the rear shade in the back, rear auto side shade in the back?

I'm quite sure it's not possible.

C Sport 6
03-23-2005, 10:24 AM
ashkan-

As far as I know, MB only offered manual rear door window shades , and I am 99.9% sure power rear door shades were never offered.

I am finally getting my shades today... Caliber Motors mis-spelled my street address and I had to contact the shipping company to correct it. Theyre currently floating around in a delivery truck in my area.... supposed to be delivered today.

Needless to say, I am anxious for their arrival.
And my fingers are stiill crossed that they arent damaged.

You would think MB would check their parts for defectiveness before shipping, esp. with items that are old dead stock, that many people have had problems with. It certainly would save them time, lowering the return rate on the shades, and all of the associated work that goes with that. Not to mention, happier customers.

Ashkan's C280
03-23-2005, 11:20 AM
that's why you go to cailber and pick it up directly like me.... well that's too bad an auto rear side door shades as well as a auto rear shade would have been nice... do you have part numbers for this item?

03-24-2005, 04:13 AM
You would think MB would check their parts for defectiveness before shipping, esp. with items that are old dead stock, that many people have had problems with. It certainly would save them time, lowering the return rate on the shades, and all of the associated work that goes with that. Not to mention, happier customers.

perfectly right, considering that actually there are 4 rear shades sleeping at the dealer floor:D all broken

still waiting a normal working left one:(

C Sport 6
04-15-2005, 02:42 PM
I recieved both of my rear door shades about a month ago and both are in perfect working order. I lucked out. They look sharp, work properly, and definitely have made the interior of the car cooler.

Askan-
There was a power rear window shade option for the W202, and there is a thread dedicated to the installation of this option on this forum. Power side shades would definitely be nice.

Ashkan's C280
04-16-2005, 11:46 AM
I am aware of the power rear, but from what I can gather from everyone ehre power rear side shades cannot be done, is this correct?

04-17-2005, 11:19 PM
I recieved both of my rear door shades about a month ago and both are in perfect working order. I lucked out. They look sharp, work properly, and definitely have made the interior of the car cooler.

Hey C Sport 6, I've also received the last one of the rear door series, luckily the saga has been ended. This seems work right.:)

to Askan: yes, power side windows shades are not possible as factory option or post sale accessory but, ...hey nothing is impossible but for sure too much hassle and money in this case:)