PDA

View Full Version : speaker removal

ryhi
06-17-2003, 05:13 PM
how do i remove the rear speakers on the rear deck where the headrests are?

CKlasse
06-17-2003, 05:56 PM
n/m.. i misread your question!

pnsji
06-17-2003, 11:19 PM
You need to take out the rear deck before taking out the speakers.
Taking out the rear deck need:
1. Take out the back seat
2. Take out the C Pillar
3. Take out the rear head rest
4. Take out the rear deck
5. Take out the speakers

joboo
07-11-2003, 03:25 PM
is there anyway to remove the rear speakers from the deck with out taking it all apart? It seems pretty tough to take it all out
. Is it easy to replace the rears with 5 1/4" seperates? do I need an adapter? thanks.

pnsji
07-11-2003, 03:26 PM
I did try that and was not successfull.
The rear deck speakers can be fitted up to 6.5" with a special adapters.

joboo
07-16-2003, 04:21 PM
can I fit 6.5" speakers in the rear doors? Do I take the bose bucket out and replace with adapters/rings?

JAY4
06-28-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by pnsji
I did try that and was not successfull.
The rear deck speakers can be fitted up to 6.5" with a special adapters.

The link you gave for the adaptors in another post isn't working. Do you know of another link?
Also, I am about to install my system--the only thing I have a question about is the seperates that I bought for the front......
They are Polk/Momo MM6's 6.75" / has anyone seen 6.75" mids installed in the front doors? Any advice other than use 6.5's. As I have these already. Also with rear deck speakers will the bass still enter the cabin or should I try to port the rear deck through the first aid kit location? Any insight appreciated.
Jvc kd-ar3000 head
Jvc ch-x1500 changer
polk mm6 seperates
polk mmc525 rear doors
polk mmc650 rear deck
A/D/S/ 280cmx power plate for the seperates
A/D/S/ m460 power plate for the rear doors, and deck
A/D/S/ P2110.2 power plate for the sub(s)
1.2 farad Hugfen cap
Have not bought the sub(s) yet--any advice?

pnsji
06-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Actually, you can easily make an adapter to fit the speaker for the rear deck. Just use 1/4" MDF and create the adapter.

For the front, I use 6.5" and I have to do modification on my door. 6.725" for the front door, that could be challenging. How tall are the midbass driver? Make sure you have enough clearance for your windows when you roll it down.

If you want a very strong midbass/bass, you can always install focal 5 3/8" subwoofer driver. They will produce a very nice/deep bass for the front.

Porting bass from the trunk to the cabin can be easily done by taking out the rear deck speakers. Currently I do not use any rear deck speakers because I want to have a pure front staging system.

JAY4
06-28-2004, 05:42 PM
From everything that I have read here, and elsewhere--The 5.25's in the rear doors should be no problem (right or wrong?)??
Elsewhere in this forum there is a mention of using Metra Toyota T-100 speaker adaptors. Will I need these or some other type of adaptor? "Using Metra kit for Toyota T100 , otherwise, like pnsji said, 4”…"
Do you know if I will need part # sak-2001 for my front door speakers?--is this a MB factory part. I have the Bose crap in my car now. I'm sure that I'll have more questions soon. Thanks for the help pnsji.You seem to be the man with the answers.

ricerokets4life
06-29-2004, 05:52 PM
one of my rear deck bose speakers is blown :(

if im going to get a subwoofer installed in the truck, do i need to replace this or can i just disconnect it somehow? i really dont feel like going through all that trouble to replace a pair of speakers.

JAY4
07-04-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by pnsji
You need to take out the rear deck before taking out the speakers.
Taking out the rear deck need:
1. Take out the back seat
2. Take out the C Pillar
3. Take out the rear head rest
4. Take out the rear deck
5. Take out the speakers

I'm stuck @ step 3--How do I remove the rear head rests? I used this link
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4782&page=1&pp=15

But I'm still in the dark...............help

JAY4
07-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Jeez, what a bitch.
Just finished getting those rear head rests out. That job is no joke. Things did go much easier once I pulled the bezels out that surround the head rest posts. Those that have done it know what I am talking about. Maybe someone else could better explain what I am speaking of, for anyone who might pull thier head rests in the future. On to the rear door speakers next. Oh, yeah I would still like to get a pair of rear speaker adaptors. I have had no luck with the link That Denlasoul gave me a few days ago--Emailed but no reply--http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/default.php?cPath=292_306_487
If anyone can help, please do.

ricerokets4life
07-16-2004, 01:56 PM
i just checked that link and it works. but is that company legit? its in the UK so shipping might be expensive...

JAY4
07-16-2004, 05:35 PM
The link works, but there is no way to order from them and have the stuff shipped to the US--as far as I can tell. Still no reply to the email thhat I sent them last week......

ricerokets4life
07-16-2004, 07:47 PM
try this one
http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Speaker_adaptors/mercedes_benz.htm

ricerokets4life
07-17-2004, 04:24 PM
does anyone know the specs on the rear deck 5.25" speakers? i want to replace my blown speakers but i dont think i can just slap on any pair of speakers without a new amp. i checked the Bose site but theres nothing there.

joboo
07-17-2004, 10:26 PM
I had my rear deck speakers replaced with focal 6.5". Did not need to remove the headrests in my 95 c36. Just pull out the old ones and swap in the new ones fine.