PDA

View Full Version : A/C not working

Pablo7
01-04-2005, 03:31 PM
today i went to have my lo jack checked (in my country you have to have it checked every 6 month, to see if its working fine)
while getting there, the AC was working great.

they made the car stop by using the lojack system (the AC was runing while they did that), and told me everything was ok, so i could leave.

when i left the shop, the air wasnt cold at all, it was like a vent. but the ac was suposed to be working.
i went back to the lojack shop but they told me it had nothing to do with them, they only tested and shut down the car..........
i was really pissed, i went home and checked every every fuse, including the ones in the trunk, but they were all ok

the blower is working fine, air comes trough all holes but not cold at all. i also noticed that the engine used to make a noice when the AC went on, and another fan in the front started. now, both things arent happening.

and another funny thing, is that when i press the boton on top, the one used to dry the air when the windows are dimmed, the air comes cold, the AC works fine, the noice in the engine starts, the other fan in the front, etc, all works.

so i beleive the problem isnt with the AC, but in the damn electronic thing that makes it goes on.

by the way, it is a 1995 c220, without the automatic control unit, just the two round selectors, and the 4 botons in the middle.

someone please helpppppppppppppp

detroit202
01-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Maybe its just coincidence that it was after your testing?

Cuz it sounds like not enough Freon

The noise you usually hear from the engine when the air is on is the compressor for the AC

But if there is not enough Freon the compressor will not start.

Pablo7
01-05-2005, 02:23 PM
nope, it isnt freon cause when you turn on the air drier, it is cold as hell