PDA

View Full Version : how to get a chrome MB star steering wheel airbag?

bobcat
01-05-2005, 05:32 AM
anyone knows how to add the chrome MB star to the
steering wheel airbag? (like the ones on '99 and later W202s)

if this is not possible, how much would an airbag with
a chrome star cost? (then I can sell the original airbag)

thanks! :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

jnenad16
01-05-2005, 10:36 AM
i bought one on ebay 2years ago for $360. just keep checking ebay, im sure you will find it,eventually.

nenad

Shude
01-06-2005, 12:45 AM
Depending on the age of your car it may have been included in an airbag recall from the mid-90s and as such you might be due a new airbag for free (which has the chrome star on it!). Ask your stealership to check the range of VINs covered by the airbag recall. :)

I checked mine and it wasn't in the range of VINs :(

The stealership parts guy said they blew up the "faulty" airbags around the back of the stealership to make sure they didn't end up back in circulation. Must have been fun! :)

alboogiee
01-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by bobcat
anyone knows how to add the chrome MB star to the
steering wheel airbag? (like the ones on '99 and later W202s)

if this is not possible, how much would an airbag with
a chrome star cost? (then I can sell the original airbag)

thanks! :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

yeah i was pissed about that... i have a 99 and i got a crappy wheel... no chrome star and it sits in too much... rather ugly, also bastard who had teh car b4 me didnt get the $100 option of tilt wheel... while my wifes 99 ml430 has the chrome star and the tilt is standard...im thinkin about replacing the while steering wheel... im jus doin some research on which ones will fit.. i've noticed that '00 euros have diff wheels then usdm, and same with base model and sport... i think...

krypto
03-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Shude
Depending on the age of your car it may have been included in an airbag recall from the mid-90s and as such you might be due a new airbag for free (which has the chrome star on it!). Ask your stealership to check the range of VINs covered by the airbag recall. :)

I checked mine and it wasn't in the range of VINs :(

The stealership parts guy said they blew up the "faulty" airbags around the back of the stealership to make sure they didn't end up back in circulation. Must have been fun! :)

Wow, this is just what I was looking for. Any way for us to check the range of VIN's? Will the dealer tell us over the phone?

alboogiee
03-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by krypto
Wow, this is just what I was looking for. Any way for us to check the range of VIN's? Will the dealer tell us over the phone?

yes, if you call the dealer, tell them the situation, give them the vin, wheni bought mine used, i got aletter from MB saying i possibly had a battery recall, i gave the dealer the vin over the phone and they told me i was good.