PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy an in-dash navigation system from someone who has passed away?

bobcat
01-05-2005, 12:19 PM
UPDATE:

Fortunately, it turned out to be a legit auction. The winning
bidder paid $460 and has left a positive feedback for the seller.
Obviously the buyer received the product in good condition and
here's the comment "Thank you, it's a pleasure doing business
with you"

Shame on me for having doubted the seller in the first place... :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you buy an in-dash navigation system from someone who has passed away?

I came across this Ebay auction today... :( I'm not sure why, but it felt kind of sad, yet spooky to me... ?

__________________________________________________ _

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5742347780&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Quote:

"harmon/kardon Traffic Pro Features:GPS Navigation,Voice-Prompt Driving Directions. 6 Language Capability. Easy to Operate. RDBS Radio Data System. Double Security: Detachable faceplate + Security Code. Updatable Firmware.

My father purchased Two months before he passed away so he could find his way to his sons home that he had not seen in 2 years. Used once. Purchased at Car Toys."

End of Quote.

. -- . - ---....

ja2k
01-05-2005, 12:34 PM
I don't think I would. Thats a pretty sad story.

"My father purchased Two months before he passed away so he could find his way to his sons home that he had not seen in 2 years. Used once. Purchased at Car Toys."

This part sounds lik a movie or something.

Ashkan's C280
01-05-2005, 12:36 PM
its a lie to show it had never been used, also adds the sad aspect to maybe get more buyers

bobcat
01-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
its a lie to show it had never been used, also adds the sad aspect to maybe get more buyers

well... the seller did specifically say "Used once" and he/she
has one positive feedback from more than a year ago.

Anyway, I don't really care whether the auction is legit or not,
since I'm not bidding on the item...

I think I may have seen "Christine"(the movie) one too many times. http://www.aktobekino.com/movie/c/christine.jpg

Denlasoul
01-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by ja2k
"My father purchased Two months before he passed away so he could find his way to his sons home that he had not seen in 2 years. Used once. Purchased at Car Toys."
So this person's father bought it to get to his sons home? Wouldnt that make the son the sellers brother? Why state it that way instead of saying "...his way to my brother/stepbrother home....."?

I smell something fishy.

97Brabus
01-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Yeah I don't like it either....I don't call my sister my father's daughter and I don't think that any legit person ever would...

I think it's an angle they are trying to work like someone else mentioned. Besides, it looks like a crappy unit. Harmon/Kardon makes decent house stereos but I wouldn't trust them to give me directions...:bandit:

unHookt
01-14-2005, 03:35 PM
why the hell would he need a nav to get to one specific person's home - that's what directions are for. after the first time, he'd have wasted all of his dough because he wouldn't need it anymore.

bobcat
01-15-2005, 06:17 AM
see update at top of post.... :D