PDA

View Full Version : Possible Sport C280's with woodgrain internals?

drayon
01-08-2005, 01:43 AM
Hi there, in Australia here i have yet to find after many months so called 'Sportline' C280's which display the common features such as 'carbon' interior, white instrumentation or the sports seats.

Is it possible Australian market models did not include these fittings like the Sportline's found in Europe, Japan and the USA?

Here is another example of an advertised 'sport' in Australia. Note the ludicrous regular price. (nearly) 23k USD)

http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/usedcars/make_Mercedes-benz/carType_used/model_C280/results_TRUE/ID_1933708/vehicle.html

MBenzNL
01-08-2005, 11:36 AM
that is an elegance

greetingz,

Pablo7
01-08-2005, 12:20 PM
that´s an elegance
crome on the outside, the instrument cluster, the steering wheel, the wheels, etc.

C Sport 6
01-29-2005, 08:06 PM
Its definitely possible that it may have a factory sport suspension. My dad bought the C280 OI now own, new while he was overseas, and specified the Sport suspension, however it has your standard Elegance level trimmings.... woodgrain trim, chrome, with a special order color combo. Not sure if there are any others that were either sold here in the US or imported privately, but there defiinitely has to be a handful, if not more, of W202's optioned strictly with the suspension. The one you linked could quite possibly be one.

Happy Motoring!

cmackint
03-01-2005, 02:12 PM
I have an Australian spec 97 C200 Esprit with wood trim. The US catalog I have shows the Esprit interior without wood, so perhaps the Australian models had a few extras compared to the US?

drayon
03-02-2005, 02:33 AM
I appreciate all the replies. Thank you all for your input.

Since i cannot find any 1996 C280 Sport's in Australia all appear to be Elegance (I wanted Silver with black leather Sport). The Australian department of transport whom seem dictated by the Australian Motoring Association have a strict set of rules in place to prevent anyone importing a vehicle from another country such as Japan in the interest of protecting the Australian local market.

Its a shame we citizens are penalized for the benefit of big business to make huge profits :(