PDA

View Full Version : just had h&r cup kit installed, and.....

pscords321
01-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Now any bump I hit it makes a thumping sound and is very bouncy. Did they put it on wrong?I have a c220 year 1996 and they ordered the kit for a c280 and when they installed it, it sat high and made the same noise? I think they put the cup kit springs on but did not change the struts/shocks. Are the 280 and 220 shocks/struts compatible and what could that noise be?I had them put #1 pads all the way around and they said the noise was from the thinner pads.Does it make sense?

djdoughboy
01-14-2005, 08:06 PM
h&r cup kit? its going to be a rougher ride... but it shouldnt be making any noises... better take it back and make sure they did everything correctly...

Denlasoul
01-14-2005, 09:15 PM
If yuor car is bouncy then something is wrong with your shocks. The thumping you hear may be the shock hitting the bump stop (if your shock is not working porperly, then maybe it is being compressed all the way to the bump stop).

Will_w202
01-18-2005, 06:27 AM
Umm.........I may be stupid, but I thought the 6cyl and 4cyl springs were different. Typically, you see 280/36 and then 220/230 when shopping for springs. I would doublecheck the part number on the H&R site and see if there are 2 different spring sets.

714guy
01-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Will_w202
Umm.........I may be stupid, but I thought the 6cyl and 4cyl springs were different. Typically, you see 280/36 and then 220/230 when shopping for springs. I would doublecheck the part number on the H&R site and see if there are 2 different spring sets.

i concur, the wieght of the motors are why they have different springs/shock.

I would have them get the right set and reinstall it then see if that makes a different.

alboogiee
01-18-2005, 07:32 PM
i been lookin for the cup kit for awhile.. only have found 2 sites... not to much lookin :confused: on the two sites i havent seen any diff cup kits for the 4 & 6 bangers... this is the cheapest one i have found.. only one to chose http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?category=Shocks&scat=Shocks&category=Springs&scat=Springs&category=Kit&scat=Kit&category=AntiRoll&scat=AntiRoll&autoMake=Mercedes-Benz&autoModel=C230&autoModClar=&autoYear=1999&brand=all&perfcat=premium&perfcat=perf&x=21&y=2

any other sites?? cheaper??

KWiK
01-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by alboogiee any other sites?? cheaper?? [/B]
Yes, with a choice of kits (http://www.pure-motorsport.com/products/category.php/CA=189/PA=7)

Kermit_D_Frog
01-20-2005, 05:12 PM
I also had an H&R cup kit installed. It is alot noisier but my car doent bounce unless I go over a big dip or indentation on the road. It is also louder when I hit the buttons on the lanes. They told me this was normal because my car is lower and my ride is a lot stiffer. I also changed out the spring pads #3s in the front and 2's in the rear.