PDA

View Full Version : gascable...lame design

MBenzNL
01-16-2005, 04:13 PM
I just wore out the second gas cable on my C250D...like the previous one the cable broke at the crimped on joint with which it connects to the potmeter on the firewall...
Kind of lame having to renew gascables every 300.000km...especially since it sucks driving around at 600rpm...

greetingz,

Ashkan's C280
01-16-2005, 06:43 PM
300k is not bad... how is the vented seats going?, and not to jack thread but do you have a set of oem xenons?

MBenzNL
01-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
do you have a set of oem xenons?
YES...in my car :D

I sold the vented seats...I recently installed those (with a lot of other parts) in a 1996 E290TD from Denmark...I don't have time for my own car anyways.

greetingz,

bobcat
01-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by MBenzNL
especially since it sucks driving around at 600rpm...

greetingz,

was the car moving while the cable broke? (if so, that must be
a scary scenario)

Here's a thought.... can it be converted to a drive-by-wire system
like the newer cars? :)

MBenzNL
01-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by bobcat
was the car moving while the cable broke? (if so, that must be
a scary scenario)
Just like the previous time I was flooring the car after shifting up to second gear and as soon as my foot hit the floor I felt the cable snap...

greetingz,

Renn 208
01-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by MBenzNL
Just like the previous time I was flooring the car after shifting up to second gear and as soon as my foot hit the floor I felt the cable snap...

greetingz,

Okay, that's it, enough of these lame cars that you actually have to maintain every 300,000 KM, sheesh, the things they ask you to do!.

BTW, I see the root of the problem...if you didn't have to hit the floor _every time_ you stepped on the gas pedal, perhaps you wouldn't be braking cables so often? :p

Time to become even more American Steve...the stoplight racers are calling to you!

MBenzNL
01-19-2005, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Renn 208
BTW, I see the root of the problem...if you didn't have to hit the floor _every time_ you stepped on the gas pedal, perhaps you wouldn't be braking cables so often?
yeah...sad huh...not flooring that diesel actually means not moving at all...hence the reason why I usually don't slow down for curves...

greetingz,

Ashkan's C280
01-19-2005, 01:18 PM
well besides vented seats and whats been done to your car, what else can be done by you that isn't listed on your site? how much are vented seats?, and as I meant to say, do you have a set of oem xenon for the w202 for sale, and how much would they be if you did the vac convert and self level stuff?