PDA

View Full Version : Heated Seat retrofit kit

martattack
01-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Hey guys. I'm wondering if anyone has done a heated seat retrofit kit? I replaced my heat seaters in my previous Volvo, so I kinda know what I'm getting into as far as removing upholstery. Was it an OEM option for my 94 C-class with MBTex?

Thanks
Martin

MBenzNL
01-17-2005, 03:39 PM
yes it was...but with the MB TEX seats it will be alot more work then with the leather seats to add the heated feature...

greetingz,

martattack
01-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by MBenzNL
yes it was...but with the MB TEX seats it will be alot more work then with the leather seats to add the heated feature...

greetingz,

Perhaps could you elaborate why it would be alot more work?

I'm thinking about using a universal type retrofit kit as opposed to the OEM beacuse after looking at the wiring diagram, I saw there was a control module that I would rather not have to fuss with wiring.

Ashkan's C280
01-28-2005, 09:46 AM
hey steve how much do you charge to install heated and ortho in front, and heated in back? as well as vented

YYZ
07-28-2005, 04:33 PM
OK,

Bringing this thread back to life (as it's gonna be cold again here sooner than I care to think about).

How big a deal is it to retrofit the heated seats? It looks like one can buy the carbon fibre element kits on eBay for about $90/seat...my questions are:

1. How much of a pain are the elements to install in the seat itself (97 C230, MBTex)

2. Could one use factory heated seat switches to control the aftermarket elements (WITHOUT getting into major re-engineering)

3. Alternatively, are the 202s prewired for the power/heated/orthopedic seats and would it just be a matter of finding a nice pair at the wreckers, add the control panel and plug 'em in? (neither seat is power at the moment)

4. Any issues with the occupancy sensors in the front seats? Do the elements go over or under?

Thanks in advance!

Ashkan's C280
07-21-2007, 01:33 PM
boominbenz can you update everyone on what you have done, I figure everyone would like to know if getting heated seats for a mb tex or leather is an easy option. I'd assume like me everyone would like to use oem switches in the center console, whether you buy a new console with precut holes or make your own is up to the individual.