PDA

View Full Version : Squeeky center console

69chevelle
01-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Does anyone know how to get that squeeky rattling noise out of the center console area? Mostly the sound comes from the plastic ring around the shifter area. I don't even know how to remove that plastic ring. It's most annoying when driving on a cold morning.

I was going to spray WD-40 into it but thought it was a bad idea.

Rocky
01-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Just pull hard on the panel and it should POP off with the ring.

Do not spray anything into it. The window and lock controls are on a circuit board around the shifter.

C Sport 6
01-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Let me know if this works... ive also got a squeak somewhere in the console area, not sure exactly where it is, but on rough roads its like listening to nails on a chalkboard! squeak rattle squeak! GRRRRRRRR....

Superpnoy
02-06-2005, 05:51 PM
i thought it was just me? did anyone figure out the problem

Metromoto202
02-13-2005, 07:40 AM
i too have this problem, i'm not sure if it's a cold weather thing or just a rough road thing. i know i can figure out a way to nip it in the butt. yet i'm having one hell of a time finding the rattle/buzz. we cant all be talking about the same thing, but mine sounds like it's in the ashtray/shifter area. and no it's not change.

Three Point 6
02-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Holy crap I thought I was the only one too! Ok now its squeeky sunroofs & center consoles. Mine only started after hitting a big pothole in Houston last year. Now it happens at least once a week & goes away after a few minutes.

Heres another one...do you guys windows make a loud ugly sound when rolling down on passenger side. Mine is gross. Benzes look damn good but they aint perfect either??

mr. gatsbury
02-14-2005, 08:45 AM
I have some little rattles here and there. One I found was a creak the seatbelt socket makes when someone is in the passenger seat. There is also a creak somewehere in the console. I also found that when I have the radio on the third brake light rattles. Havent had the time to figure out how to fix it though..

02-14-2005, 11:49 PM
Some kind of rattle also happen to me. Actually the internal cabin fun (before the cabin filter) rattle when passing over potholes. I've already dismounted the assembly and lubricated the axle, checking for some interference. Rattle gone away but, after few days returned again.

Still wondering what does it need!?
:(

69chevelle
02-15-2005, 05:27 AM
I also have that passenger seat creaking noise too...It sometimes makes noise when someone sits in it. My drivers side seat is now making a clicking noise in the backrest area when i take off from a dead stop.

Metromoto202
02-15-2005, 03:53 PM
yeah thats just a bent seat frame, 202's are know for it. youve got one of two options.
A. new seat track
B. grab some channel locks and crimp the rear frame to seat track rail... i know that works for some cases.
C. good luck

pierrebond
09-25-2005, 07:45 AM
Anyone figure this out? I've noticed when I stop suddenly it will make this ringing/buzzing noise. It's very annoying especially when the radio is off.

mr. gatsbury
10-02-2005, 03:25 PM
I fixed my center console rattles. I removed the entire console and tightened all the screws. i felted any contact points that squeaked. No more noises. You can get strips of felt anywhere with the sticky backing. To remove the console you have to open and remove the cup holder then push up on the pannel that surrounds the shifter. There are no screws to the pannel just plastic clips. Don't be afraid to apply a little pressure, it will pop out. Then there are a few screws under the rubber well at the top of the shift panel and some screws in the cubby hole in the center console piece. If you need any more directions let me know...

john

Abuimad
10-02-2005, 05:44 PM
ive posted the question on the clicking seats like 5 times in this forum thank god some1 answered it, ne idea how much a new seat track is, and how much of a mess is it to get it out, and thanks for the sqeaky center console tip, cause i also have the same prob.