PDA

View Full Version : ABS lights

714guy
01-18-2005, 10:32 AM
My ABS light has been one for a while now. It came on after i did some suspension work, and it'll usually go away after a while but its still on.

Any susgestions what i can do to see whats wrong and how i can fix it. Its annoying seeing that light on.

Thanks alot.

jnenad16
01-18-2005, 01:25 PM
try removing the abs speed sensors, spray them with brake cleaner and reinstall them. should fix it if you say the light came on after some suspension work. or maybe you damaged some of them.

nenad

Kermit_D_Frog
01-20-2005, 05:19 PM
where are the sensors located?

jnenad16
01-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Kermit_D_Frog
where are the sensors located?

in the front, behind the brake caliper, in the back either behind the caliper or on the axle on the diff side.

nenad

SLAMMED_C
01-21-2005, 01:27 PM
well if it happened after you worked on your suspension, Id say its something to do with that!.. what were you wokring on?
possibly somethings was left loose, partially connected wires? maybe a defective sensor.
get codes checked.

joeyskates
01-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Depending on what they did to the suspension, they may have hung the suspension by the ABS sensor wires hyper extending them and possibly causing a short. This is kinda like letting calipers hang from the lines when doing brakes, both is something you don't wanna do.