PDA

View Full Version : a 202 owner's nightmare

GPReyes
01-19-2005, 09:14 PM
You're on a hot date and you've managed to charm your way through dinner with flying colors. A succeeding bottle of champagne effectively primed her for getting even more intimately acquainted.

You pay the dinner bill and walk hand in hand back to your trusty 95 c280 sitting obediently in the parking lot. The gentleman you are rushes over to the passenger side, sticking the key in slowly (a delightful foreshadowing you hope of what's to come)

you hold her door open, she turns and slides into the seat. As you rush to the driver's side, tugging on your locked door, she LEANS OVER AND POPS THE INSIDE HANDLE, UNLOCKING YOUR DOOR FOR YOU...

what a nice gesture, you think to yourself as you adjust the rearview

"did I mention that I love your car?" she says. "sleek setup, not too many lorinsers i see around."

You're amazed at her knowledge and attention to detail, and as you stick the key into the ignition, you revel in the fact that you have stumbled upon a really awesome chick.

As it dawns on you that this awesome chick is about to go back to your place, and as exciting images of the possiblities bombard your imagination,

like a needle across a vinyl record you are jolted out of the daydream because even as you're clicking the ignition...
YOUR SMOOTH LOOKING BENZO WON'T START!!!!

you're overcome by panic...clicking nervously, ...but nothing.... no electrical activity.... no choking start. "oh no" you look to your date and smile that awkward looking smile like you've been caught with your pants down on a really really cold day.

after a few agonizing minutes, and running some scenarios in your mind (do you cab it?, do you call the tow truck? do you proposition a make out session in the car?)

you realize SHE UNLOCKED YOUR DOOR...

you spring into action, taking the key out of the ignition, rushing out of the car, keying the driver's side door to lock, as all the doors centrally lock... then you twist the other way and they all unlock.

you get in, and turn the ignition, and your INLINE SIX roars to life!

my apologies for the novel, I just had to share.

Apparently my passenger side door lock seems to have been disconnected from the central locking system. so unlike before where you unlock the passenger side, and all doors automatically unlock, my key only opened my dates door. and as she popped the driver's side door latch, the car's security system thought it was being broken into and refused to start.

It was only when I keyed the driver's side and unlocked all the doors that the securty system disengaged.

All those with pre-remote key 202's can relate...

is there any aftermarket flip key remote system that can piggyback onto the oem vacuum locking mech? I wanna be able to unlock at a click of a button... also the flip keys look so much cooler

Renn 208
01-19-2005, 09:24 PM
haha, that's some serious melodrama right there. Great story!

Only problem...she knows what Lorinser is...run! it's gonna take way too much cash to keep that girl in tow! haha...j/k

714guy
01-19-2005, 09:37 PM
funny story, had its ups and downs.

:D :D

ryhi
01-20-2005, 02:15 AM
if your car REALLY doesnt start... you dont cab it.. you jeepney it!!!

Superpnoy
01-20-2005, 04:49 AM
haha nice story here

nokia8860
01-20-2005, 06:30 AM
Neat story... since I never knew a 95 came with a V6 :p

RacerXofFL
01-20-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860
Neat story... since I never knew a 95 came with a V6 :p

LOL yeah biiiatch u got a 104 a real motor. sorry to all the 98 plus haters. you can Turbo like me, well hopefull not like me koz i keep blowin my shit up. but yeah I have the dreaded 96-97 car with infra key. no passangers side key hole, and the christmas tree says no no no if u do a locking error...

GPReyes
01-20-2005, 09:46 AM
ok ok ...inline 6 cylinder if you wanna get technical about it =)

so does anyone know where I can get them flip keys with remote?

714guy
01-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by GPReyes
ok ok ...inline 6 cylinder if you wanna get technical about it =)

so does anyone know where I can get them flip keys with remote?

the dealer is the best bet, about 140 a pop.

mr. gatsbury
01-20-2005, 09:38 PM
LoL! good story. It's just like the Sunny test from the movie "A Bronx Tale". I like the Mario test better.......:D

crazy00c230k
01-20-2005, 10:00 PM
haha...the same thing happened 2 my friend in her 96 c280, its a good thing she was kickin it w/me that nite or she prolly wood have called AAA or something

bobcat
01-20-2005, 11:21 PM
Great story! :D I was expecting to read about a real nightmare...

So what happened after that? Did you unlock her "security system" later? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

01-21-2005, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by bobcat
Great story! :D I was expecting to read about a real nightmare...

So what happened after that? Did you unlock her "security system" later? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D :D :D

yes this is the real intersting part of the story.

post pic:)

SpEeDy230
01-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by ryhi
if your car REALLY doesnt start... you dont cab it.. you jeepney it!!!

LoL thats how we do

GPReyes
01-21-2005, 01:22 PM
a gentleman never speaks about such things . . .

but yeah I boned her...

j/k

how much do these remote flip keys go for at the stealership?