PDA

View Full Version : poly bushings on ebay, link*

fastmayte
01-20-2005, 01:34 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33583&item=7948360476

Denlasoul
01-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Anyone interested hold on. I am having some made for my car as we speak. If they work out, I will be selling a whole set. This set will be a 6 bushing set, as you need 3 bushings for each control arm.

Please be patient as item and prices are being determined.

**hides from JIrwan** :bandit:

Kermit_D_Frog
01-20-2005, 04:59 PM
let us know soon. I need my bushings changed out and the dealearship wants 250/side to replace with labor.

benzaddict
01-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Anyone interested hold on. I am having some made for my car as we speak. If they work out, I will be selling a whole set. This set will be a 6 bushing set, as you need 3 bushings for each control arm.

Please be patient as item and prices are being determined.

**hides from JIrwan** :bandit:

Denlasoul, this auction is for fronts and you were asking me about rears the other day, are you doing both? I don't know of any control arm that has three bushings.

Denlasoul
01-20-2005, 11:05 PM
The bushings I am having made are for the front lower control arm. I bought a "replacement kit" and sent that out. It had three bushings.

jnenad16
01-20-2005, 11:25 PM
the caster bushing has 2 pieces + 1 camber bushing=3 bushings. I think thats what denlasoul means.

nenad

J Irwan
01-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Good find.

I wonder if anyone in this forum tried this yet..

too bad I already had my front lower control arm bushing replaced couple months ago (not too long ago :) )

Otherwise I'd give this a shoot.

Regardz,

jnenad16
01-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by J Irwan
Good find.

I wonder if anyone in this forum tried this yet..

too bad I already had my front lower control arm bushing replaced couple months ago (not too long ago :) )

Otherwise I'd give this a shoot.

Regardz,

me too

Rocky
01-21-2005, 12:09 PM
If I remember right, there are multi pieces to the front control arm bushing set if you buy from MB.

Also the bushing from MB has a metal sleeve, how come this doesn't?

Group buy?

Denlasoul
01-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Rocky
If I remember right, there are multi pieces to the front control arm bushing set if you buy from MB.

Also the bushing from MB has a metal sleeve, how come this doesn't?

Group buy?

The bushing kit I sent out is exactly what you described. Once it is evaluated, I will have a set made and try it out. Then organize a buy for everyone else.
http://i7.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/3c/17/f7_1.JPG

As for the metel sleeve, I think b/c the bushing is polyurethane it is durable enough to not have a metal sleeve to protect it. I am not sure how my item will end up, but I will keep everyone posted.

Tump43
01-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Definately count me in on a group buy!! I've been dreaming about these. Have them make a set for everybody. I can hardly wait (although the snow will help me cool my driving).

Thanks,

Metromoto202
01-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Same here, i was going to get a pair of the 208 cabo bushings and check the demensions aganist the 202 set, and make a call on using those or not. But i would much rather go with the poly complete pair. Please please keep me up to date... Plus what price range are we talking?

mayagman
01-21-2005, 08:07 PM
I would be interested in a full set quite soon. I will be replacing nearly the entire suspension in several weeks.

Tump43
01-22-2005, 10:34 AM
I just received a response from the seller to my Ebay question.
Basically, he said he had them in stock and could sell them right away. I imagine, however, that for his ebay price you would only get the main poly control arm bushing and not the two smaller control arm/caster bushings in the picture posted by Denlasoul.

What do you think? Do we really need the smaller bushings in poly? What do they do anyway?

Thanks,

Metromoto202
01-22-2005, 11:37 AM
I'll be the first to tell you, working at a dealer, we only replace the rear set of front lower control arm bushiings. Not the front set, and it takes like thirty min. and pays three hours C/P. not too mention you'll need an alignment as well (duh)

jnenad16
01-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Metromoto202
I'll be the first to tell you, working at a dealer, we only replace the rear set of front lower control arm bushiings. Not the front set, and it takes like thirty min. and pays three hours C/P. not too mention you'll need an alignment as well (duh)

hey,
where can you get that special tool to remove camber bushings, I've been looking all over the net for it, but cant find it. if I could get it, it would be a life saver. when you replace the bushings, do you drop the control arm, or do you use a spring compressor and do it on the car?

nenad

Denlasoul
01-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Tump43
I imagine, however, that for his ebay price you would only get the main poly control arm bushing and not the two smaller control arm/caster bushings in the picture posted by Denlasoul.

What do you think? Do we really need the smaller bushings in poly? What do they do anyway?

The auction is for 1 bushing at $75 a pop. You'll need two of them for a car, which means $150.

Like I said, I bought a bushing repair kit and have sent it out to have all three bushings looked into. I would rather have all of them made of polyurethane, b/c eventually anything OEM that is rubber will wear out. :(

Whether or not others are interested, if these can be made I am going to go for it. I have no idea (as of 01.21.05) the cost, but I hope that it would be less than this particular auction.

I'll post up relevent info as it is passed along to me.

Metromoto202
01-23-2005, 12:53 PM
As for the updates and pricing, thanks for the reply and i'll be waitting... When it comes to replacing the back L/C arm bushings. All i do is remove the bolt stick two pry bars in there and get the arm cocked till it's sitting outa the frame, and using a air chisel i rip on it till that mother pops out. Then i have this steel plate and a ball joint/bearing press made by OTC it's great for this job, but kinda expensive. There are other companies out there that make lesser quality yet just as good presses for half the price. I know you can find them online. [URL=www.ntxtools.com/Merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=OTC-5038&Category_Code=590]

LPDAutoParts
01-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Hello everyone!

My name is Tom, I am the seller of the lower control arm bushings you see posted on ebay.

I want to give you guys a little background about me, our company, and let you guys know a little bit about what we are all about.

LPD Auto Parts has been in the automotive business for over 15 years. We are located in Duarte, California and sell new and used auto parts. We have been specializing in Mercedes parts now for over 5 years. We are indeed a dismantling yard, but we see ourselves as so much more. We carry hundreds of Mercedes of all makes, models and years. Our technicians are specially trained to work on Mercedes Benz's as well as other cars.

The 202 lower control arm bushings have been developed due to the high demand from our customers for complete lower control arms that just needed bushing replacements.

We work in conjunction with a special manufacturer that ONLY specializes in polyurethane bushing replacements. We have developed bushings for BMW's, Lexus, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, and now Mercedes.

We have dealer contracts and until now have only offered bushings to commercial industries. We are in the process of growing, utilizing the internet as our stepping stone. We have a webpage currently in development and will be continuing our services to the internet public.

LPD carries a variety of used OEM parts for the 202, and of course these bushings.

If anyone has ANY questions regarding us as a company, our products, parts requests please let me know as I will be your main contact.

For faster response please email us.

Thanks,
Tom
LPD Auto Parts
lpdauto@charter.net

Rocky
01-24-2005, 06:47 AM
Awesome but $75 US for 1 bushing is kinda pricey.

LPDAutoParts
01-24-2005, 05:37 PM
We definitely can setup a reduced price for the club202 members. Let me know if you guys are interested.

97Brabus
01-28-2005, 09:17 AM
I may be. Depends on the price and how long to get them.

LPDAutoParts
01-29-2005, 04:06 PM
Please email me at lpdauto@charter.net and reference this website and we can work out somthing.

BLKc230
02-05-2005, 11:36 AM
LPD auto parts price for club202 members is 60$ per bushing. Im still thinking about it, has anyone bought them yet? Denlasoul, have you heard anything about yours yet?

Denlasoul
02-05-2005, 01:47 PM
I am still waiting. Last I heard they were trying to determine the proper hardness of the urethane.

Tump43
02-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Shoot! I bought a set at full price, $75 per. They should offer me a respectable discount on the remaining bushings for the control arms once they are ready.

I bought a set of C43 control arms on ebay for $40 bucks plus shipping. Arms are fine but the bushings were shot. I left the arms and the polyurethane bushings with my mechanic. He will install them along with the control arm bushings from a 1980's 190E 16valve sport line model. These bushings are much better than the hollow OE bushings because they are solid. This info comes from Danny at MRP. I know I posted the part numbers for these bushings in the past but here they are again:

201 330 01 75 BUSHING KIT,LOWER CONTROL ARM 1 $92.00 $92.00

Price is from Phil at MercedesShop.com. Phil also said that the customers who installed these bushings report much tighter steering response and better handling. As soon as everything is installed on the car I will report back.

Ohh! that reminds me, I bought a set of OZ Superleggera's in 18 x 8 ET 35 from a guy in the MBCA club with 225 40 18 Michelin Pilot Sport Cups (apparently they are street legal track slicks not useful or safe in the rain at all). (I don't need the slicks if anyone is interested, let me know).

I got these rims because they are only 18 to 19 lbs each compared to the 26 to 27 lbs each for my 17" AMG monoblocks and 2-piece 5 spoke AMG rims. My question is:
what is the widest tire I can safely run on an 8" wide rim? 235 or 245? also
what is the best inexpensive 18" tire to get? I know a lot of you run Kuhmo's and the like, but I don't know the model numbers and the best place to buy them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

speedybenz
02-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Marc,

I think you can run a 245mm tire on that rim. That should give you some noticeable front end grip. I have used the Kuhmo MX tires from tire rack

Jeff

Pagz
03-06-2005, 05:51 PM
hey guys...
any updates on the bushes??
i had my lower arms off last month so i dropped them in to have nolathane bushes made to replace the rear bush that takes the beating....
3 weeks later i phone back to ask whats goin on....they said they had lost my number and were very unsure about doing this because the road noise would increase alot....which seems to be logical...
so im trying to decide weather to go ahead and find out!..

any input???

Regards,
Paul

Ashkan's C280
03-10-2005, 05:21 PM
any updates on this, I would be interested in these as well, further what do you need for a complete set again? and it would be all poly?

mr. gatsbury
03-10-2005, 05:45 PM
shitwhore! I just had mine replaced. I knew not reading this thread would bite me in the ass..

Pagz
03-10-2005, 06:00 PM
well,i went ahead and got mine done....so il see how it goes when i get my car back together....

Regards,
Paul

Denlasoul
03-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Sorry for not responding, I lost track of this thread. Anyway, I am still waiting for the guy to tell me whats up. I know its been a loooooong time, but I am hoping that it pays off. What sucks is I am in pretty bad need of some new ones, and he has my OEM new one that I bought so he can make the bushings! :(

Hang in there, I am dying too.

Pagz
03-14-2005, 03:17 PM
hey this is what my custom nolathane bushes turned out like.....
cost 195NZD though....would have cost 100NZD to replace with OEM.........

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_42_full.jpg

Regards,
Paul

97Brabus
03-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Have you driven on them yet? Increased road noise?

Pagz
03-15-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by 97Brabus
Have you driven on them yet? Increased road noise?
wont be able to give an indication till i get it back on the road...,il post as soon as i know though.....

Regards,
Paul

knvs
03-30-2005, 06:03 AM
any update? I need bushings for my car.

Denlasoul
03-30-2005, 06:18 AM
Not yet. I've been playing phone tag with this guy for a few weeks now. I'm thinking about bagging my project as it seems near impossible to have a talk with this guy. Still keep your fingers crossed as I try again....

LPDAutoParts
03-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Just to let everyone know, I still do have the polyurethane main bushing for the lower control arms available. I have sold many to now happy club202 members. We are still honoring the club202 member pricing of $60 each.

Please email me if anyone has questions.

Thanks

Tom

97Brabus
03-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Let's see some posts from those members and pics with testimonials. I am personally thinking of ordering custom through Prothane...convince me not to.

Customers of LDP...Post up!!!!!

LPDAutoParts
03-30-2005, 08:36 PM
Here is our ebay feedback link. As you can see we provide more than just Mercedes poly bushings.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=lpdautoparts&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS

Ashkan's C280
04-01-2005, 08:44 PM
how is this going to pan out? stage 2 suspension upgrades such as these combined with sway bars, camber arms, derlin bushings and heim joints seem like a very nice addition, let me know how this turns out....

714guy
05-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by 97Brabus
Let's see some posts from those members and pics with testimonials. I am personally thinking of ordering custom through Prothane...convince me not to.

Customers of LDP...Post up!!!!!

i just installed mine, and they fit and look great. I 've driven around for about 20 miles and so far so good. I report back one i drive some more.

knvs
05-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by 714guy
i just installed mine, and they fit and look great. I 've driven around for about 20 miles and so far so good. I report back one i drive some more.
So did u replace one bushing on each side or did u do both? and if you only replaced one bushing on each side which one on the control are did u replace (Front or rear of the front control arm)?

Denlasoul
05-28-2005, 08:44 AM
For the LCA, the bushings consists of 3 bushings. One is the main bushing (as you see in the pics above) and the other is a two-piece set. You will want to replace the main bushing.

knvs
05-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
For the LCA, the bushings consists of 3 bushings. One is the main bushing (as you see in the pics above) and the other is a two-piece set. You will want to replace the main bushing.

So which one is the main bushing? I'm still a lost when it comes to fixing cars....:( Is the main bushing closer to the rear of the car or closer to the front? TIA

Ashkan's C280
06-07-2005, 06:09 PM
they sell this for 50 each now, and if you are club202 you should get shipping free, go for this, its a good deal.

Jasonmarosi
06-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Ok so I read all the treads, I understand that LPD sells this kit that includes 1 Bushing, for 1 side of your car. Keep following me, If I were to replace the front left rear bushing and keep the old bushing housed in the front of the A-arm this would be a correct Install?

Assuming that the front bushing was in Excellent condition.

C220 96'
Thanks for the imputs!

714guy
06-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Jasonmarosi
Ok so I read all the treads, I understand that LPD sells this kit that includes 1 Bushing, for 1 side of your car. Keep following me, If I were to replace the front left rear bushing and keep the old bushing housed in the front of the A-arm this would be a correct Install?

Assuming that the front bushing was in Excellent condition.

C220 96'
Thanks for the imputs!

yep thats what i did

Ashkan's C280
07-02-2005, 08:07 AM
so you would need four poly bushings to replace them all? or is it just for front?

speedybenz
07-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Well do the LPD Poly Bushings help the steering precision and feel or do they feel like the stock bushings?

Easy to install?

Tump43
07-03-2005, 06:04 PM
As far as I can tell the LPD poly front control arm bushing tightens up the steering considerably and allows one to use the front wheels as precision instruments. Immediately after I had mine installed, I belived or noticed that the suspension (hard by MB standards and current AMG standards) became even more comfortable/compliant. I believe the poly bushings transfer the road variation directly to the springs and shocks and eliminate the wheel wobble resulting from soft or pre-maturely worn MB bushings.

Mine were easy to install. The mechanic raised the car, put a tranmission support (stand with threaded pipe in it and a piece of wood on top to support the tranny for removal) under the control arm, unbolted the entire arm while it was supported with the adjustable stand. He took the control arm off, used an air chisel to break out the old bushing and a hammer to bang in the new LPD bushing. He re-used the metal cylinder from the OE set up and hammered that into the center of the LPD bushing. The two smaller bushings at the front of the control are were fine so we left the OE bushings in. (The alleged upgrade, the solid replacement bushings I bought from a late '80's 190E sport-line edition did not fit my 99 C43 and could not be made to fit.)

He repeated the procedure on the other control arm, and bolted them up in their orginal positions, using the adjustable support stand to compress the springs. Took him about 2 or 3 hours. No charge for me -- he owes me -- so, I didn't really keep track of the time; neither did the mechanic.

Well worth the effort and the expense in my opinion!!

I'd like to buy poly bushings for the front of the control arm, two small round ones per side. Does anybody have any word on when or whether LPD has made these yet, or who else may have already made them? Anyone have poly bushings for the rear suspension?

Regards,

Denlasoul
07-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Tump43
I'd like to buy poly bushings for the front of the control arm, two small round ones per side. Does anybody have any word on when or whether LPD has made these yet, or who else may have already made them? Anyone have poly bushings for the rear suspension?
Mark-

As I have been told, the front LCA's are solid and do not wear out as fast. Though I do agree that they should be upgraded too. I was trying to pursue this project for awhil, but my guy could not deliver. Basically, not worht the time or money for him. I've talked to others, and the major problem is that there is alot of metal involved (the sleeve), and for whatever reason it is difficult to make a bushing like the OEM. That's why I went with LPD's bushing as it was a solid bushing no metal sleeve. I would have liked to have one with a sleeve to help minmize the wear, but I guess not. It would be great to have a solid bushing(s) for the front half, maybe LPD would consider? :D

Jasonmarosi
07-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Just installed my Poly's today from LPD. They were perfect fitment and were very high quality parts. They feel better than stock similar but you get more feel for the road and they are not stiff. They are very flexible. I have plenty of pics from the install today if anyone needs any or just wants to see. I will set up links if so. LPD did a great job on this after market product. I recommend them.

james webster`
08-15-2005, 09:58 AM
I had my urethane bushings installed with an Eibach pro kit. All i can say is wow. Huge difference in handling!! The car is now fun to drive, balanced and loves to corner! I do have to put in bigger spring pads(isolators) in the back though, because it sits too low in the back. (it was about a 3" drop)

Chappy
03-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Hello Gents,

Will these urethane bushings work on a CLK55?

Chappy
03-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Chappy
Hello Gents,

Will these urethane bushings work on a CLK55?

I have my answer....my tech installed them on his CLK55 cabrio and advises they work beautifully. Mine go in next week. :cool:

LPDAutoParts
03-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Chappy
I have my answer....my tech installed them on his CLK55 cabrio and advises they work beautifully. Mine go in next week. :cool:

Thank you Chappy, thats great news!

Just as a reminder. These bushings can be purchased on our primitive but functional website under ADUS 597

http://www.lpdauto.com/display.asp?tempp=3

$4 cheaper on the website because of no ebay fees.

Free shipping is still available for 202 members.

(reminder: each quantity of 1 repairs one side. For both sides a quantity of 2 is required)