PDA

View Full Version : C36 temp and powerchip

memochen
01-22-2005, 07:41 PM
I have a C36 and the temp is in 80C normally, but when I push the gas the temp goes to 105c and then back to 80c when the aux fans kick in.

Mercedes Dealers in my city checked the car and they say it is normal, is that OK?? or do I have to do something to fix it???

I live in Mexico and the temp in my city is 25-30c, so is no to hot, the car has 80k Miles, and the services were made in Mercedes, When i took the car to mercedes to check the temp ¨I think¨ they check te thermosat and the coolant, and also they did the compression test and is ok. The aux fans kick in around 100C. Im not sure about the fan clutch. how can I check it ?
What do you think about all this things????

I have another question...
My car was prepared for Mexico´s gas for the year 95.( 87 octanos) and has 260hp. Now we have 92 octanos gas, so if I put powerchip I think I gain around 40HP is that right?????

pnsji
01-22-2005, 07:57 PM
if you want your fan to kick in at lower temperature, you can always change the termostat sensor.

memochen
01-22-2005, 08:34 PM
what do you mean with thermostat sensor, where can I find it? Can you be more specific
Thanks
Memo

pnsji
01-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Thermostat sensor is located inside your radiator. So Let's say the temperatur limit for the sensor is 90 degree, when it hit 90 degree, it will send signal to turn on the fan. So if you want it to run cooler, then buy a temperature sensor at 80 degree or less.