PDA

View Full Version : stupid ass jacks that fall over

c280steve
01-22-2005, 07:42 PM
so i was jackin my car cause the dicks that put my brakes on left a nut off one of my calipers, the caliper came loose and would hit the inside of my wheel grinding it n makin a real nasty noise. So i get the benz jack out (one long shaft) i have a 96, I stick it in the whole, jack it, take the lugs off, n the fukin thing falls over! My car fukin lands on my brake. I feel shooting pains in my stomach. I scream fuck like 15 times as loud as i can. Thank fully some one herd n they had a floor jack i jacked it n banged the metal sorrund back in place n put my shit together.

So any one wanna tell me why these jacks suck so much. Is it a big scheme by mercedes to buy new brakes

i took a pic of my car when it fell ill post it.

Pagz
01-22-2005, 07:55 PM
LOL iv always worried that was goin to happen to me when using that jack!!,the car has to be on very good ground...
hope it didnt reck too much!!.....

Regards,
Paul

pnsji
01-22-2005, 07:59 PM
one thing you could do is to put wheel choke before jacking your car up.

fastmayte
01-22-2005, 08:17 PM
you could get a floor jack for like 16 bucks, i've had my 16 buck larwin floor jack for over 4 years, no probs.... hitup autozone

Superpnoy
01-22-2005, 09:08 PM
lol i was using that jack when i got my new rims, haha daymn i got scared...car started to move...threw the wheel back on and it fell, got lucky...so i took it to a lift and got it done haha...time for a hydraulic one

vbrock1137
01-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Did you have your parking brake on?

I always slide the wheel I just took off under the car so it won't fall all the way down and I could still jack it back up with the MB jack if it fell.

misterblack
01-23-2005, 04:09 AM
were you taking the bolts out while the car was up in the air?

make the bolts loose while still on the ground...then after you raise the car just take the bolts out.

that jack is make to lift just enough for you to take the tire off.....any higher the car falls over.

my bimmer has the same jack.

best idea....by a small floor jack.

c280steve
01-23-2005, 08:19 AM
pepboys has a sweet deal on a 3ton racing jack with jack stands for 59 bucks so im gettin that