PDA

View Full Version : Cf Hood

alboogiee
01-23-2005, 03:34 PM
i've seen 'em couple on peoples cars here and when searchin the internet... where do you get them? i havent seen any on ebay.. and i cant find them in like a yahoo search

on a side note... (yes i did search this, actualy both items!) are these smoked clear corners worth it? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7949303227&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT i've read that only bosch will fit correctly and i've seen the fallin out on the freeway story... should i be weary?

jnenad16
01-23-2005, 04:05 PM
http://www.eurocreations.net/ might have it
www.nopi.com has it for sure, i've almost bought it last year, but gave up when I saw it on my friends car, didnt like it.

nenad

SLAMMED_C
01-23-2005, 04:28 PM
I think its VIS racing that makes the CF hood for the C-class.. Ive heard it doesnt fit that well.

jnolte
01-23-2005, 04:35 PM
yes it is made by VIS.

dosent fit well and has to be propped up with a hood bar instead of the hydralic arms.

manny
01-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by alboogiee
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7949303227&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT i've read that only bosch will fit correctly and i've seen the fallin out on the freeway story... should i be weary?

I bought my clear corners from them about 2 years ago.
Absolutely NO problem with the fit & finish. ;)

boesewicht
01-24-2005, 04:14 AM
Erebuni offers a cf hood, too....

albanianbenz
01-28-2005, 12:25 PM
does any one offer a more "beefy" or racer type hood in either carbon fiber or non carbon fiber.

vbrock1137
01-28-2005, 01:06 PM
I've seen cf hoods on eBay consistantly. Try searching under just "c class."

alphanumeric
01-30-2005, 08:32 AM
is someone trying to get somenes Credit card info here or something??

after clicking on those Ebay links.. then clicking on teh link "list an item like this or buy an item like this"

https://arribada.ebay.com/saw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?PlaceCCInfo&fromsyi=1

it starts asking for my Credit card haha,...

Flatsole
02-02-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by alphanumeric
is someone trying to get somenes Credit card info here or something??

after clicking on those Ebay links.. then clicking on teh link "list an item like this or buy an item like this"

https://arribada.ebay.com/saw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?PlaceCCInfo&fromsyi=1

it starts asking for my Credit card haha,...

Yes, don't do fill it out!

98c43
02-22-2005, 03:09 PM
www.makotoautotrends.com:beard:

sleek_benzo
02-23-2005, 06:58 AM
i've got bosch clear corner.. fits like a glove

carbon fiber hood = hondas

but if its what you like.. go for it.. :D

vbrock1137
02-23-2005, 07:39 AM
:werd:

MikeL
02-23-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by sleek_benzo
i've got bosch clear corner.. fits like a glove

carbon fiber hood = hondas

but if its what you like.. go for it.. :D

Carbon Fiber hoods does not mean honda. That means serious weight reduction. The general rule of thumb is, for every 100 lbs you shave, its the equivalent of adding 10whp. I am too looking for an OEM quality carbon fiber hood for my W202. Since my car is Silver, I would want to paint the CF hood to match the color of my car. No one will even know its CF, how is that for Hondas? I want to for weight reduction as carbon fiber weighs a hell of a lot less than steel. :rolleyes:

alboogiee
02-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by MikeL
Carbon Fiber hoods does not mean honda. That means serious weight reduction. The general rule of thumb is, for every 100 lbs you shave, its the equivalent of adding 10whp. I am too looking for an OEM quality carbon fiber hood for my W202. Since my car is Silver, I would want to paint the CF hood to match the color of my car. No one will even know its CF, how is that for Hondas? I want to for weight reduction as carbon fiber weighs a hell of a lot less than steel. :rolleyes:

:werd:

vbrock1137
02-23-2005, 07:14 PM
To me the look of carbon fiber hood says "rice." On a black or dark grey car it could look good, but the contrast between cf and a lighter color just looks like rice to me. I think an MB is a little classier than that.

Plus, how much weight could you possibly save? The equivilant of 2, 3 horsepower. I doubt you'd notice the difference on the street. If you're tuning the car for the track though, that's a different story.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

alboogiee
02-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by vbrock1137
To me the look of carbon fiber hood says "rice." On a black or dark grey car it could look good, but the contrast between cf and a lighter color just looks like rice to me. I think an MB is a little classier than that.

Plus, how much weight could you possibly save? The equivilant of 2, 3 horsepower. I doubt you'd notice the difference on the street. If you're tuning the car for the track though, that's a different story.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

my car is black, that is why i am inquiring... also its roughly half the wieght of a stock OEM hood, im guessing **guessing** about 50 pound differnece... well that would make roughly 5 whp, again roughly an equivilent ghetto rigged intake, which im sure some have...about a gain of 5 whp if that... in my opinion... not tryin to start shit

Denlasoul
02-24-2005, 05:55 AM
Lightening up the front end would be really good. For me, my car is so front heavy even though the weight distribution is 53/47. I can feel how the front can have its way when I drive.

I've yet to find a cf hood that meets my standards. :(

alphanumeric
03-12-2005, 01:40 PM
so this VIS brand sucks? I see them on Ebay for under 500bux!!

I think CF hoods on silver 202's look tight... can someoen find me a picture of one? I thought I saw someone here that had a silver c23k with a CF hood

boesewicht
03-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Did one of you guys ever see the Erebuni cf-hood? What about the quality and fitment? I don't want to buy shit...and I have to pay 1035 Euros (lot more than 1000$) for that hood (includes shipping and packaging), that's expensive. And for that money, I don't want to have a product that doesn't fit. Any experiences?

Alex.

Under Pressure
03-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by alphanumeric
so this VIS brand sucks? I see them on Ebay for under 500bux!!

I think CF hoods on silver 202's look tight... can someoen find me a picture of one? I thought I saw someone here that had a silver c23k with a CF hood

http://www.eurosportiff.com/wald_c230k%20(32).jpg

The owner used to post here or Benzsport long ago. Its not even real, just a CF covering of the original hood, so it actually added weight. I think his name was Jon Pek, and he was a real humble guy :rolleyes:

here is his car in some magazine...
http://www.eurosportiff.com/media/eurotuner_12-03/eurotuner_12.02.jpg

boesewicht
03-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Can anybody answer my question please...need information on that erebuni cf-hood! thanks a lot

Under Pressure
03-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by boesewicht
Can anybody answer my question please...need information on that erebuni cf-hood! thanks a lot

I dont know of anyone that has used that CF hood, but here in the US, Erebuni is a big joke. They make fake body kits that never fit well, and are of poor quality. My friend's shop wouldnt sell you Erebuni no matter how much you begged b/c they make such crappy products. I dont know why they dont get sued by AMG for making fakes. At any rate, the picture they use is of Jon Pek's car, who did not use a real CF hood and certainly did not and would not use Erebuni products. So they even steal pictures to use.

Oh and from what I have heard of their CF, I guess the weaving is really bad and you can see imperfections in the weaving that stand out. Can you tell I would not recommend them? And man, $750USD is WAY too much!

How about contacting this ebay seller and see if he ships the Vis hood to Germany for you. Its like half the cost of Erebuni...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6755&item=4534892340&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

boesewicht
03-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Thank you very much for the detailed information!

Didn't know that Erebuni is such a "cheap'n'weak-company"...

The main problem is that there's only one dealer in Austria and only one in Germany that deals with bodyparts from america INCLUDING a so called "TÃœV-Teilegutachten" and that document of the TÃœV we need to put on parts on our cars. Without this document, you can't live here in germany. >It's more necessary than air in your tires...<

One of those dealers offers only Erebuni parts, the other offers Erebuni and Wings West parts. And Wings West don't make anything for the W202- So Erebuni is the only alternative.

It would be nice to get that VIS hood from an eBay seller, but it's impossible to drive that here without the TÃœV document.

But thanks a lot!

Alex.

Under Pressure
03-17-2005, 02:25 PM
From how strict I heard TUV is, I am shocked Erebuni is TUV approved (am I understanding you right?). Anyway, if you just want the look, have someone laminate your OEM metal hood in CF, like the silver W202 in the links that I provided four posts above this one.

boesewicht
03-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Yes, Erebuni got a OK from the TÃœV. And hey, I've seen a Erebuni BMW E46 cf-hood with air-vents yesterday live on a car and I have to say that it looks great. Nothing was wrong with the weaving of the cf...the only problem was the fitment above the headlights. the hood was about 5mm too long at the corners.

Alex.

99amgc43
04-11-2005, 12:04 PM
i got a vis cf hood, it must weigh 1/3 as much as the stock hood honestly... here is a pic

http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0SAD!HO8Ub!Ls9yEDmw6hICKYybq3ijIIKYgzC2UKymVuKUY6s LjWsNiOv0DxpH6b*yO54LIUv3VHcnq8nBq2CP1fLMgYhEqDgzN x3ShFFEIAAAAAAQAAAA/IMG_0613.JPG?dc=4675477460619062862

99amgc43
04-11-2005, 12:07 PM
btw i might be willing to sell mine for $500 local to nor cal.. i was the first one to get it from VIS and paid $740 for it after $140 shipping

Denlasoul
04-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Are you still using the stock hydraulics? Have you noticed any warping?

99amgc43
04-11-2005, 12:48 PM
i took the hydros off

VIP_MBZ
04-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Just to add my 2 cents, VIS is a very well known brand in the japanese import world (a world which is inclusive of all of the Japanese supercars, not just Honda Civics and the like), and few mass produced hoods have the fit and finish of VIS.

They're among the few brands that can use stock latching and don't require hood pins (although they are recommended). Best of all, the carbon is wrapped around the edges, rather than being cut, like most CF hoods are. All of this for less than $500 in most cases.

They were intended for street use, so all of these amenities have that in mind. The downfall is that VIS is one of the heaviest CF hoods available, weighing around 15 lbs. A typical race application CF hood (which will run in the $1000-1500 range) will be more like 5-12 lbs, depending on the vehicle.

I think those of you who dislike the VIS have your expectations set too high. You will absolutely positively not find better build quality at this price. Also remember that almost nothing fits flawlessly like stock, whether it's a hood, body kit, clear corner, or what have you. And being incompatible with the stock hood support is a no-brainer. Something designed to spring a 50-75 pound hood will just break the CF hood.

It's true that the limitations of this CF hood won't pass the quality standards of a typical street driven Mercedes owner. With that in mind, you should just leave your hood stock and look towards losing 50 lbs elsewhere. Or just accept that if you wanted a true sports car, you would have bought something else.

-Ray

FreeStyler
04-11-2005, 02:02 PM
are u sellin the hood for sure.....

99amgc43
04-11-2005, 02:43 PM
all c class hoods are the same

alboogiee
04-11-2005, 05:10 PM
hey 99 is that you on ebay selling the knock off rims that are on your car, i saw a auction for the rims on your car, not the same ones, but a set of 'em, the guy claimed that that car is his, saying that he has the same ones... is dat you???

99amgc43
04-11-2005, 08:31 PM
hell no that aint me, where is the link????

alboogiee
04-12-2005, 04:11 PM
crap... saw it two weeks ago at work... lemme search again tomarrow at work, while i have the spare time... i'll reply again tomorrow...[

alex

ecK0.ÇômP£eX
12-27-2005, 08:11 PM
So do you guys recommend getting a ViS CF hood or ES Technical like Jon Pek? I emailed them both asking about making a W210 MY2000+ CF hood.

I don't care about the weight, its just more for asthetic(sp) looks.

-Thanks

rollinrealbig
12-27-2005, 09:26 PM
hmmm if you want looks, they sell CF adhesive AKA huge sticker you apply over your stock hood. then you use a hair dryer to sorta melt the egdes to make them form better.

but thats something I wouldnt even try, me being the one doing all the Ghetto mods here. LoL

but imagine how good it will look if you have a CF hood, roof and trunk lid ? and if it was possible to make it all real CF thats a huge weight reduction stage 2 maybe.

just my opinions. ;)

also ive seen white CF, same weave and everything just white ... gotta admit it would look cool on a white 202, even if it was just a fake sticker.

ecK0.ÇômP£eX
12-27-2005, 11:51 PM
^^Word... Doing the roof would be hard, but AWESOME!

And the trunk as well! I've seen W211 with trunk CF

Obsidian black with CF = SEX

-------------

Does the sticker look any good or what? I'd rather give 'em my OEM, put a layer of CF on it, then clear coat the shitake outta it

rollinrealbig
12-28-2005, 09:42 AM
you can see for yourself,

check on ebay for "carbon fiber adhesive" they will have lots of stuff to choose from, they even have a real CF cloth which you apply onto something but you have to have pros do the resin and stuff - i dont really know about it much more.

JDoggery
12-29-2005, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't get a sticker. That is more wrong than just ghetto. Putting real cf overlay on the hood with clear coat will look a lot better. Like Jon's.

rollinrealbig
12-30-2005, 09:09 AM
thats true, looks real because it is, but you would have to get it professionally done.

they do have stickers that look very good as well - like a deep 3D tone instead of the flat chekerboard. just have to know what your buying.