PDA

View Full Version : Ethernet In Car!?!? Wtf?!?!?

macaroni
01-23-2005, 06:35 PM
I opened the center console on my 99 c230K today, and in the lower portion (the BIG part), There was a hole exposed. I pulled at it and a panel opened. Inside appears to be some sort of antennae adapter, and an ethernet port (the type your computer plugs into for internet). I'm really confused as to what this could be for... Any ideas? It'd be nice to plug in my computer on the road and play some UT2K4 :D

fastmayte
01-23-2005, 06:58 PM
car phone jack

jnolte
01-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by macaroni
I opened the center console on my 99 c230K today, and in the lower portion (the BIG part), There was a hole exposed. I pulled at it and a panel opened. Inside appears to be some sort of antennae adapter, and an ethernet port (the type your computer plugs into for internet). I'm really confused as to what this could be for... Any ideas? It'd be nice to plug in my computer on the road and play some UT2K4 :D

LMAO r u serious?

mayagman
01-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Hmmmm. The top portion of the glovebox is juuust right to fit my NEC Mobilepro handheld. Maybe I'll build a wireless bridge into my trunk and hook the jack up to some CAT-5, lol. Factory installed war-driver.