PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Washer Problem

coolin
01-26-2005, 02:14 PM
I've checked search and couldn't find anything that seemed to address this.

Today I noticed that my windshield washer jets stopped working (without the low level warning light coming on). I popped the hood and I still had lots of fluid. I tried washers again (with the hood up) and fluid started pouring out of a drain/vent hole in the hood (evidently the pump is working fine).

Apart from the obvious (a line or fitting has broken or come loose) I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem? Is there anything else in the hood that could cause this problem to occur?

More importantly, is there anything expensive in the hood that can fail with this symptom?

-CS

jnolte
01-26-2005, 03:24 PM
this happened to me in my c36 the tubes that went from the tank tot he jets came disconnected.

coolin
01-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
this happened to me in my c36 the tubes that went from the tank tot he jets came disconnected.

That's what it sounds like to me too. The problem with the design is that, when it fails, it pumps fluid all over the electrical components.

Thanks...

jnolte
01-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by coolin
That's what it sounds like to me too. The problem with the design is that, when it fails, it pumps fluid all over the electrical components.

Thanks...

so find out where its disconnected and fix it.. may take a while to find where the bo bo is tho...

SLAMMED_C
01-26-2005, 08:05 PM
I would think that either the line has come off the washer jst (it just clips into place on the washer nozzle) or there is a hole in the line.
if washer fluid was pouring out of the hood.. pop the cover that on the side it was coming from and check there to see whats goin on.
Im guessing the line fell off or broke.. have a look and let us know.