PDA

View Full Version : c43 speakers and subwoofers replacement

IamJanuar
01-27-2005, 04:56 PM
I had been reading all the post about speakers replacements and I have yet still question about it. Bare with me if I miss some of the info.
So far 6.5 front and 5.25 rear component is a sure fit with adapters... Where do you guys, got the adapters from? customs? websites?
What's the max woofer depth for front and rear?

Just out of curiosity and what is on the rear door speakers? (1999 c43 bose system) just a single midrange woofers or a two way component that I have not yet find the tweeters??!

What is the size of the bass woofers on the rear deck? Maximum size it would fit? Thinking of replacing them also with 2 or 4 6-1/2" subwoofers from jl or kicker? Anybody know any audio makers making that size subs?

alphanumeric
01-31-2005, 12:09 AM
the fronts in my 00 c230k are 6.5 and I have read thats the same for all our c-class... I installed some Polk Audio db's over the weekend.. they are 6.5 inches which is a lil bigger then the stock speaker.. but they do fit... they dont fit exactly in the whole... its hard to explain.. I will get some pix up soon enough..

IamJanuar
02-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Talk to a couple of audio installer and they all told me the same about placing jls 6wo subs on the rear deck.... you still need a box....:(

Though so, does anybody know why the original bose system bass on the deck does not need any box enclosures???

kendreze
02-03-2005, 10:59 PM
I picked up some kicker 6.5 freeair subs. never put them in but thinking about trying them out as subs..

anyone here try them before?

IamJanuar
02-04-2005, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by kendreze
I picked up some kicker 6.5 freeair subs. never put them in but thinking about trying them out as subs..

anyone here try them before?

6.5 free air subs from kicker?? whats the model name?