PDA

View Full Version : Front wheel bearing housings...

Pagz
01-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi guys,
Iv got the front wheel bearing housings of at the moment....but cant remember which side was which....
Does it matter??....
I noticed one has a blue dot!.....
and also there is ring machined close to the outer edge on each but there both of a different radious,and the the disc fixing screw is in the opposite position too...these are the only variations i can find....
thanks..
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_30_full.jpg

Regards.
Paul

SLAMMED_C
01-27-2005, 08:35 PM
I dont know for sure.. but I would think that it wouldnt matter.. why would they manufacture 2 different parts?.. more cost effective to make 1 and use it on both side.
but since you say u notice different radius's close to the machined lip its hard to say... can u post a pic of that?

but honestly I think it doesnt matter.

Pagz
01-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Hey man,
yeh im pretty sure there would be no problems to,but i just noticed some variations and thought i'd make sure...
in the picture where the light is reflecting of the housings you can see a machined grove,its in a different place on each housing...
this could be due to rotational balancing i guess?......
anyways thanks for the input man...

Regards,
Paul

SLAMMED_C
01-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Is there a part number on them at all?

Pagz
01-30-2005, 12:00 AM
lol,dang why didnt i think of that!!....i just ran down stairs to check...and to my disapointment...theres no numbers at all!!,
i might give the local MB parts a call....

Regards
Paul