PDA

View Full Version : H&R Spring Suspension

jswong888
01-31-2005, 07:58 PM
Hi,

I have a 98 c280 with 108K miles. The stock shocks seem OK (just a little bit soft). I just bought some new H&R Sport springs. Could I get by with just installing the springs or should I fork out the money to buy new bilsteins?

Secondly, is installing the springs fairly easy to do? need i have some special tool to compress & remove them? Would really like to save some $ to do myself?

Any input from the fourm would be greatly appreciated..

hvmercy
01-31-2005, 08:30 PM
Fork out additional money to buy the shocks. It's worth your
time and effort since you already spent the money on the springs.
Installation is not complicated either but I would have it
done professionally.

For additional information use the search button (http://www.club202.com/forums/search.php?s=)

SpEeDy230
01-31-2005, 08:33 PM
I would definatly get it profesionally installed. I riding on stock shocks and rides good still.

jswong888
01-31-2005, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Thing is, I have worked on cars before. brake jobs & suspension on japanese cars. But never a european car.

Looking at some of the threads on shock & suspension, it seems doable, so I'll probably do it with some help from my bro this weekend.

Proabably just do the springs 1st and see how that rides and decide on the bilsteins later (since the shocks and springs are seperate from each other anyways)

Renn 208
01-31-2005, 10:21 PM
if you're going to be doing all the work yourself, it may not be skin off your teeth to just do springs...however, if those are the same shocks that have been on the car for 108k miles...they're already overdue for a change.