PDA

View Full Version : installed boost gauge.. only 5lbs? haha

alphanumeric
02-04-2005, 07:05 PM
I thought the c230k would have at least 8lbs of boost stock.. I installed my 20lb boost gauge from my other car.. and the c230k bosted at only 5lbs.. how weak.. but its shows that it has plenty of potential.. im sure hte engine can handle 15lbs fine..

whats the max boost the stock fuel system can handle?

also how much power can the trans hold. etc.... I searched a few pages back and couldnt find anything

SLAMMED_C
02-04-2005, 09:28 PM
lol.. this is a stock mercedes were talking about!!.. old farts car.. she only runs about 5psi of boost stock man.
well the engine Im sure can handle 15lbs easlily.. but the stock supercharger can only handle about 11psi.. and even at 11psi its overspinning lightly.
If you look at the pulley kits for the M111 motor.. none of the kits is above 11psi.

as for max psi the stock fuel system can handle.. when I did my Kleemann kit (running 11psi with Kleemann kit) and had stock ECU programming I was running super rich all the time.. so I got chipped by Upsolute.. now Im back to normal fuel mileage.
Id recommend having the ecu chipped when doing a pulley mod.

Pagz
02-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
lol.. this is a stock mercedes were talking about!!.. old farts car.. she only runs about 5psi of boost stock man.

....I hate to say it but its so true!....you need mods to stop it from going backwards!!!....lol

Rgrds,
Paul