PDA

View Full Version : Refinishing Wood Trim

Rocket
02-12-2005, 05:17 AM
The Shifter Wood panel in my 95 C36 has a crack in it. Since it's a C36 and burlwood the part is no longer produced my Mercedes. I need to find a shop that can refinish the piece. Can anyone recomend someone to do this??

tinter101
02-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Read the thread called "custom dash-have a look" and call these
people but mention the crack.

coolin
02-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
the part is no longer produced my Mercedes.

Although I believe you've looked into it, I find it hard to believe MB has DQ'd this part already. I had the shifter center piece replaced on my 2000 C230 18 months ago...I don't think my interior is Walnut though.

If you're really stuck, try the MB Classic Center in Stuttgart. They have all of the specifications for out of production items and, for a steep price, will fabricate a part. There is a chance that your car is not old enough though.

Otherwise, try a dismantler. This could be risky as the dismantler may not know the difference between Zebrano or Walnut.

Rocket
02-19-2005, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by coolin
Although I believe you've looked into it, I find it hard to believe MB has DQ'd this part already. I had the shifter center piece replaced on my 2000 C230 18 months ago...I don't think my interior is Walnut though.

If you're really stuck, try the MB Classic Center in Stuttgart. They have all of the specifications for out of production items and, for a steep price, will fabricate a part. There is a chance that your car is not old enough though.

Otherwise, try a dismantler. This could be risky as the dismantler may not know the difference between Zebrano or Walnut.

They have discontinued it... You can't find it at junkyards. Only the American C36 had burlwood in 1995. All other C class had Zebrano. That leaves only 400 Cars ever produced with this panel since it was specific to 1995. I need to find a wood working shop to sandblast it and refinish it. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Thanks....

tinter101
02-19-2005, 04:28 AM
You can always change your whole dash kit like I did.
With the money you are about to invest in just one piece
you should look into "photogenesis" for everything. I
changed all my burlwood into blue CF for $500. They can
also redo the burlwood look if you prefer. Just a thought.