PDA

View Full Version : new problem!

kami230
02-15-2005, 09:26 AM
this morning my dash board looked like a Xmas tree...
"check engine", BAS and break light stayed on!
On my way to my garage, the transmission wouledn't shift, so i was stuck driving 40km/h and not pushing it over 3000rpm.
The two codes that came out were P500 and P720. Something like VSS malfunction.... After reseting the codes, we took it for drive and it drove normally

the car is at the dealership now, for further scans,
does any one know what could have caused this ?
Thank you

jnenad16
02-15-2005, 10:24 AM
vss is a vehicle speed sensor, possibly one of the abs sensors or the speed sensor located on the differential. I had a same problem with one of my customers cars, same symptoms. I replaced the rear speed sensor and everything was fine after that.

nenad

kami230
02-15-2005, 01:00 PM
you are right,
the speed sensor onthe differentia is cracked, new sensor:180$CDN
Do i have to remove the diff. or it's much simpler , and just have to remove the broken sensor?
thanks

Metromoto202
02-15-2005, 03:45 PM
if it's the speed sensor on the diff, it should be held on with a 5mm hex. and really fucking hard to get out... plus the connector runs up into the rear bench. lookout for rust and recheck for leaks

kami230
02-15-2005, 06:33 PM
will he have to take down the diff. and how long is the process (roughly)

Metromoto202
02-15-2005, 06:36 PM
The speed sensor is on the right side, closer to the pinion. And you shouldn't need to take the diff out, but it helps to have it in the air

jnenad16
02-15-2005, 09:19 PM
no you dont need to take the diff out, just unscrew the 5mm hex that holds it to the diff, and in the trunk, under the trunk mat there is a plastic cover and three plastic screw are holding it down, remove the screws, remove the cover and on the right side you will see two plugin connectors the one on the far right is for the fuel pump, dont touch that one, the one you need to unplug is the one closer to the middle of the trunk, after you unplug it, run the connector along with the grommet throuhg the hole in the trunk floor and to install the new one just reverse the prosedure. hope this didnt confuse you. i would have posted some pics to ease your repair, but I recently sold my 202.
oh and yeah it would definitely help if the car was on the lift. it takes me about 10min to do this.

nenad

kami230
02-16-2005, 11:13 AM
thanks for the input guys
will let you know how it went

kami230
02-18-2005, 12:59 PM
took us an hour and half to remove the damn thing.
It was stuck in there hard, I had to to put a screw inside and then pull it out bit by bit....but now its done and I feel better lol