PDA

View Full Version : C220 Mosselmann

boesewicht
02-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Hey guys.

Just read a post of a member named "Under pressure".

I just wanted to know how the mosselmann turbo worked, how much power you really gained, I mean what happened on the street (the feeling, the accelaration, etc), not the dates on a paper. how much horses did it bring? 200? How much did you pay? Any mods on the engine?

Alex.

Under Pressure
02-18-2005, 08:18 AM
I never got it dyno'd so I dont know the exact output it had, but it was definitly a faster car. I raced and beat some kid test-driving a Nissan Maxima SE, which has 255hp (but like Mercedes, is a heavy pig). BUt just to give you an idea of the limitations, I got my butt handed to me by a C43 and I REALLY got my butt handed to me by a Saleen Mustang- you won't be able to compete with this league of cars. But I mean yea, it made a difference. The car definitly moved out of its own way. I dont recall how much I paid for it, I got it at cost (supposedly) after negotiating $1k off the shop's price, I ended up paying around $4k USD for it.

I think Mosselman claims hp at around 205 at 5psi, but I turned up the psi to 7psi so probably had an additional 20hp - for a total of 225. Plus, I am not sure what exhaust Mosselman had when it registered 205hp but I had an entire custom set-up exhaust all the way to the turbo ("turbo-back") so that probably helped alot. Like you, I had an Eisenmann for the muffler section.

If you want a turbo kit for a good price (considering how strong the Euro is against the dollar) check out the used one for sale through the classified section of this forum. Though its not from Mosselman, I think the only real advantage of the MOsselman kit is the 35% nickel manifold, but for the financial savings the used one in the classifieds may be a wiser purchase.