PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wheel Spacer Question

slugger
02-19-2005, 06:35 AM
I did a lot of searching on this and found some great information, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I have 17x8 front and rear wheels. I would like to try to flush the rear wheels with the rear fenders. Any idea what size spacers I could use specifically and the best place to buy them?

Also, there was a lot in here about safety issues with long spacers and re-balancing of wheels, etc... I am assuming I would not be needing anything that long, but any info is greatly appreciated on this subject.

Thanks!!!

BLKc230
02-19-2005, 07:24 AM
I have 18x8 all around. I used 10mm H&R spacers in the rear, it looks a lot better... but i think 15-20mm would look even better. With the 10mm spacer i have no problems. You can purchase them at pure-motorsport.com

Denlasoul
02-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Why dont you measure the distance of your rim to the fender? Once you know that, you can determine which size spacer to buy.

ryhi
02-19-2005, 03:55 PM
whats the down side of running a big (20mm+) spacer? im thinking of getting 25-30 for my rear wheels.

Denlasoul
02-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by ryhi
whats the down side of running a big (20mm+) spacer?
Not really a downside unless you are rubbing due to your wheel sticking out of the fender (lowrider style). Like I said, look at where your wheels sits now and imagine it being 10, 15, 20, 30mm further out.

c_lee
02-20-2005, 01:27 PM
no one will recommend that you use spacers....and if you must, it is alwasy best to use hub centric spacers.

i have set of carlsson 19x8.5 with 37mm offsets, and i use 5 mm hubcentric spacers that clip on to my wheels.

one can argue that the longer the bolt you use, the more strain it will be under - and can possible snap...

another arguement against spacers is that, its can't be safe - if you have something keeping your wheel from sitting where it's supposed to on the car....

guess its really all up to the person who wants to put them on....

best of luck!