PDA

View Full Version : Tail light question

MeJay
02-20-2005, 08:17 AM
Does anyone has this problem that the tail light bulb burns brighter on one side? My problemm is the driver side running light (#5) on the cluster burns brighter than the one on the passenger side. There are two filaments in the bulb, both filaments burn on the driver side but not on the passenger side. A friend followed me the other night told me the tail light was so bright that she thought I had the brake on, but then she realized that it was only on one side. It is a '96 C280 Sport. I replaced the bulb with one I bought from the dealer and it did not solve the problem, so I don't think I have the wrong bulb. Help.

knvs
02-20-2005, 08:19 AM
are u driving with the fog lights on? if so did u pull the light switch two notches. it sounds like you're driving with the rear fog light on. it only lights up the rear drivers side tail light.

MeJay
02-20-2005, 08:23 AM
Yes, I did. You mean if I pull the knob twice the driver side only will light up? When will the passenger side lights up then?

vbrock1137
02-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Never does, only the driver's side does.

Eiknujrac
02-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Yea if you pull the knob out twice, you turn on the rear fog light. It only lights up one side bright so people dont think your riding your brakes all the way down the road.