PDA

View Full Version : Service Expectations

estrellajon
02-20-2005, 04:38 PM
I just got a used 94 C280 with 90K miles. I usually do all my diy stuff myself but thinking that initially get a MB dealer to inspect and replace needed stuff based on the mileage. I'm assuming the 30K service is what I would need. How much can I expect to pay for a 30k service for this car? Right now, the car sputters and lacks power which I assume would be a fuel filter or fuel pump. Will this problem be addressed on the 30k service?

Will_w202
02-21-2005, 11:10 AM
See my reply in your other post, but I would expect minimum $1000 at that mileage. My 97 was a Starmark-cerified car, bought at 60 and now has 80, and it has cost MB $5000 in wear repairs since I bought it.

coolin
02-23-2005, 08:40 AM
My car runs like a clock and they still wanted $900 for routine maintenance at my 90km service B (ball joints, powersteering shock, every filter in the car, oil, wiper blade and plugs).

Add that to whatever is causing the sputtering, should they be mutually exclusive.

estrellajon
02-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by coolin
My car runs like a clock and they still wanted $900 for routine maintenance at my 90km service B (ball joints, powersteering shock, every filter in the car, oil, wiper blade and plugs).

Add that to whatever is causing the sputtering, should they be mutually exclusive.

Well, the verdict is. I had to pay $1800 for parts and labor for these items:

Replace spark plugs
Replace ignition coil
Replace ignition wires
Replace drag link (Tie rod)
Replace fuel line.

Did I just get screwed or was it in line?

KenzBenz
02-24-2005, 03:21 AM
ehh that seems like a LOT...but i don't know, i remember my 120k service was like 700$ or something. although i dont recall i had ignition coil replaced

coolin
02-25-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by estrellajon
Well, the verdict is. I had to pay $1800 for parts and labor for these items:

Replace spark plugs
Replace ignition coil
Replace ignition wires
Replace drag link (Tie rod)
Replace fuel line.

Did I just get screwed or was it in line?

Sounds like the dealership parts prices to me (plus that lovely $107/hr labour rate).

Does your car run well now?

estrellajon
02-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by coolin
Sounds like the dealership parts prices to me (plus that lovely $107/hr labour rate).

Does your car run well now?

Well, less noise and runs smoother. It still needs a lot of other maintenace stuff. From the list the dealer gave me:

Repack diffs
replace ball joints
replace lower arm bushings
replace flex disk
Replace head gasket.

I will try to diy all except for the head gasket part. Not sure how much that would cost.:eek:

I'm planning to replace springs and shocks, so while I'm down there, I'll do all.