PDA

View Full Version : help!! whats wrong with my car?!?!

knvs
02-20-2005, 06:09 PM
yeah so my car left me stranded today! Let me give u a little history on what happened. Yesterday the oil light came on. It didn't stay on regularly, but i still got oil at the end o the day n poured it in. O BTW its a C43 and I used 0W 40 synthetic mobile one oil. Check the level and it was ok.

So today we drove it up to Napa to check out a STi for my brother. We drove back with no problems. Ran smooth and stong. Got to oakland and ate dinner and then tried to start the car but it started really rough. Idle was all clunky and check engine light was flashing. The idle was so rough it felt like a diesel engine, shaking the car. Ionno whats wrong. anyone have this happen to them? Or is it cuz my car is mad at me for talking about another car :(

Well seriously can anyone think o anything that my be wrong?

O BTW when I got home there seemed to be a puddle of oil... I did spill a little bit of oil, but I wiped it up the night before. I'm sad. :(

pnsji
02-20-2005, 06:15 PM
1. are there any oil leaks? go down under the car, take out the under cover and check for oil leaks.

2. go to dealer and check the code. Might be missfiring?

knvs
02-20-2005, 08:35 PM
car is now at the shop. We had the tow truck drop it off at the dealer for them to look at tomorrow. So unfortunately I can't check under the car to see if there is a leak.

If it is a missfire what can cause it and what do i do to fix it?(what am I looking at cost wise?) I've been talking to people and I've heard everything from a simple fix of the vaccum line for fuel to dead cylinders and needing a new engine. (which really kinda freaks me out). Guess the best thing I can do is wait for tomorrow and see what the dealer says.

Guess the good things from this is that I get to use my brothers STi until I get my car fixed. Or if I need a new engine I can slip a 5.5 liter engine in (heh hopefully under my extended warrenty) I'm just really bummed tonight. Being extremely excited about my brother getting an STi to being bum and having my car broken.

knvs
02-21-2005, 12:36 PM
ok, shop just called. They said theres no compression in the #1 cylinder.... Doesn't sound good.... Hope this will be covered under the extended warranty....

STi_C_KiLLeR
02-21-2005, 11:41 PM
Tell your bro congrats on the new car, he will enjoy it.

knvs
02-25-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by STi_C_KiLLeR
Tell your bro congrats on the new car, he will enjoy it.

yeah too bad he can't drive it yet. Doesn't know how to drive stick and he's only 17:rolleyes: . My parents bought him another beater to drive stick on. I don't know what they're thinking.... well we're all a little spoiled, but comes with loving parents. As far as the STi, ITs not my stile. Get too many punk kids wanting to race, and the ride is horribly stiff. I'm bouncing all over the place. I'll take my C anyday.

Anyhow, I need the valves redone:( . And I don't think the warranty people are gonna go for the whole set. They'll just want to do one side which really sucks. I hope to hear from them soon. I have a feeling its gonna be $2500 out of my own pocket to do the other set of valves.

Does anyone know whats the downside of having something like this being doen to the engin so early (77k miles)? Man I've been bummed this whole week. It hasn't been good.

STi_C_KiLLeR
10-06-2005, 10:14 PM
I'd rather have a hard ride, than to spend 2500 on a c class

tpliquid
10-06-2005, 10:45 PM
if sumtin like that happens, my dad will buy me new car like a C55 amg 2006

knvs
10-07-2005, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by tpliquid
if sumtin like that happens, my dad will buy me new car like a C55 amg 2006
i thought u said your daddy wount buy u an amg because they are too expensive :rolleyes:

winter is coming up dont forget your amg wiper blades ;)

Abuimad
10-07-2005, 09:38 AM
and the amg snow chains, those are a must :D and knvs 77k does sound pretty early to have a problem like this did they say what would cause a problem like this ??

c280nz
10-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by knvs
i thought u said your daddy wount buy u an amg because they are too expensive :rolleyes:

winter is coming up dont forget your amg wiper blades ;)
haha knvs won that one :-)

yea man bad luck bout the valves! but that still doesnt explain why the oil light came on? was it low in oil before you topped it up?
and id rather spend 2500$ on an c43 than have a sti! ;)

knvs
10-07-2005, 05:41 PM
oil level was low so I topped it off. Shop told me that it was a bent valve guide thus the misfiring. dosen't matter, car now has a 5.4L engine ;)