PDA

View Full Version : WTB Supercharger mount (for eaton me45)

pisit
02-23-2005, 07:39 PM
I just got a used s/c eaton me45 from my friend, it's a M111 oem s/c, not from Mini. now i'm using a 1996 C220, and would really love to have this s/c in my car, but i'm facing a problem with the monting of the s/c.
wondering if there is anyone in the forum who has the mount of the s/c or could tell me where i can find, order or at least the part number of this mount would be a big help. anywayz, many thanx for any reply.
ToBy
p.s. you can contact me at toei06@hotmail.com

BLKc230
02-23-2005, 07:58 PM
let me know when you finish this mod. I have a 1998 C230, the year b4 the kompressor engine, and i also want to supercharge my engine. Let me know what else you have to buy to complete the job. Thanks

boesewicht
02-24-2005, 02:21 AM
I have a friend who is a mechanic at a Mercedes Benz dealer in my city, he learned and is working there since 1994, so I believe him when he tells me something. I've talked to him for the same reason - To plant the compressor of the 230K-models on my 1996 C220.
He told me that it will not work without huge modifications. The 230K-engine is also a M111, that's true, but it has so many modifications.
You have to bore up to 2,3 L, you need the pistons of the 230K (they have a form that lowers the compression - and you need a lower compression with a supercharger!), further you need the crankshaft and the piston rods of the 230K, then you have to spindle out your crankshaft bearing lane because you have to use the bearings of the 230K (only they will fit with the other parts), further you need the fuel injector, the cylinder head gasket and the high-strenght cylinder head bolts of the 230K, then you have to customize the ECU because the one of the 230K will not fit, not to forget the camshaft and camshaft wheels and so on.

My list is not complete, intercooler, airbox etc are also requested and man, that all together costs you a lot more than a complete engine swap! I know what I'm talking about. And those 50 extra horses...man, no way. If you want to do something for real horses, go with a turbo or swap to a 6-cylinder and get it then tuned up.

Greetz,

Alex from Germany.

coolin
02-24-2005, 06:03 AM
The prices of C230K's are so reasonable...why not just trade up?

Renn 208
02-24-2005, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by coolin
The prices of C230K's are so reasonable...why not just trade up?

Because in certain countries, c230k's may not be reasonable.

pisit
02-24-2005, 07:31 AM
Thanx Alex, that's some great advice. yeah, i was expecting a long list of mod, but didn't expected to be that long. i was thinking of going for the turbo as well (got Holset HX40 but was going to allocate to another project), and since customizing and labor cost isn't that high here.
man, kinda sad, but oh well if it doesn't worth my afford and CASH, why stubborn myself in to it. however, more advice on the s/c will be great though ;)

coolin
02-24-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Renn 208
Because in certain countries, c230k's may not be reasonable.

Then call it a day and trade for a 325i. You'd still be way further ahead than if you modded out an existing C220/230.