PDA

View Full Version : All Kinds of BS

mario
02-24-2005, 01:53 PM
Hey all! Took my 94 C280 to an auction to sell it with a dead battery. After the lot boys boosted my car it would not start. I towed the car to the MB dealer who told me that 3 fuses were blown as well as SRS module, and two other modules (One of the modules are located in the front by the computer and have a fuse on it. The other is a black box beside the computers close to the fender). The fuses kept blowing until the two modules were replaced. Now the only problem with the car is that the fuel pump relay beside the battery will not energize. The Dealer put a jumper between pins 87 and 30 on the relay base in order to start the car. They now claim that I need a new motor module and the module found under the glovebox in order to get the relay to work. As an electronics tech this sounds like BS to me. I have 10 V between pins 85 and 86 on the relay base but the relay will not energize. Yes I swapped the relay!
What does the module under the glovebox do?
Why the F wont my relay energize to turn on the fuel pump?
Any suggestions?

Mario

mario
02-24-2005, 05:57 PM
I measured the voltage on the relay coil and it drops to less than 2 V. It seems as though there is something on the same circuit as the fuel pump relay coil that is draining the current so that there is not enough to energize the relay.

Does anyone know what device energizes the fuel pump relay?
Does anyone have the electrical drawings for this car?

I would be greatful for for any suggestions!

Thanks
Mario

jnenad16
02-24-2005, 06:08 PM
post your email so I can send you the wiring diagram.

nenad

mario
02-24-2005, 06:16 PM
mbos@hampton-power.com

Thanks,

jnenad16
02-24-2005, 06:40 PM
emails sent. hope it helps

nenad

mario
02-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the drawings!

Wiring 1 and wiring 2 are the same. I am missing the second drawing. And I did not get the legond.

These would be greatly Appreciated !

Thanks again.

Mario

jnenad16
02-24-2005, 07:09 PM
will email it asap.I sent you the legends in a separate email. the fuel pump is scketched in part 4 and 5.

nenad

ps mail sent