PDA

View Full Version : "Lights out" indicator problem

estrellajon
02-24-2005, 02:35 PM
My "lights out" indicator lamp keeps coming on inconsistently. I checked all external bulbs and all are fine. It resets itself when you turn off the ignition. It then comes on again after a few miles. I'm not exactly sure what else to check. Any ideas?

nokia8860
02-24-2005, 03:16 PM
It could be a loose filament. You might have to pull out each bulb one by one and jiggle it and look if the filament is loose.

jnolte
02-24-2005, 03:19 PM
could it also be that you are using a bulb or the wrong wattage?

vbrock1137
02-24-2005, 04:29 PM
I have the same problem. The light would come on, but by the time I stopped the car to get out and check the bulbs it turned off. Eventually I got it to stay on long enough to find out the parking light filiment on my front signal was not working. It fixed itself and has been fine for the last few days though. Loose filament makes perfect sense. Gives me an excuse to upgrade to LEDs, maybe city lights too.:D

SLAMMED_C
02-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Yeh Ive experienced this too.. its very frusterating when you get out to check all your lights and they are all working again!!
but the only thing to really do is check them all one by one and see if there is a loose filament.
the most common bulbs to go are the headlight bulbs and tail lamp or brake lamp bulbs.
Ive also seen problems form loose bulbs in the holders making poor contact and causing the lamp to come on, then go off but no bulb to be out when checking the car.

happy hunting!

estrellajon
02-25-2005, 04:06 AM
Hmm interesting. Are the sensors really that sensitive? Will check this weekend.