PDA

View Full Version : All donations are acceptable! ;)

C280 JR
06-21-2003, 08:12 AM
Ok i went to this real professional certified MB dealership, and i let them inspect the engine.....

Turns out...I have a leak in the Air Intake...But that is not the only problem......my car leaks oil too but other mechanics inspected it and said that it only leaked from several scews cause i did an engine transplant on my car when i bought it...but next to that my car is leaking oil fom the gasket. The guy is said that it will cost between $1,500-$1,600 just to fix the oil leak by its self, and not the purge valve, and the Air intake.

Im gonna go to this local guy who was willing to do it for $500 bucks hopefully he charges me that much, just for the gasket, and not the rest.!!!!

This is the reason i dont want to buy an expensive body kit for my car....first its not that important for me, i just wanted to paint the botom, and second, casue my job does not pay taht much so by the time i earn enough mnoney for my car, something has to happen, and i have to fix that..

So all donations are accepted:D ..For some reason, i dont know if shock has hit me on how much money i have to spend on the car cause i dont even have close to that amount, but im trying to keep a positive attitude about it, and look at the brighter side, that life still goes on!!!!

Elvir

Rocky
06-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by C280 JR
...the time i earn enough mnoney for my car, something has to happen, and i have to fix that...

Elvir

Welcome to owning a W202 Elvir.

Things you can expect the w202 to go wrong if you haven't repaired yet...

*1) Wiring harness (before 1997)
*2) MAS
*3) OVP relay
4) Flex disc
*5) Coil ends
*6) EGR tube plug up
*7) lower control arm bushing
*8) Infamous leaking Gasket (happends to 90% of M104 engines, lucky i got this repaired under warranty)
*9) ball joints (Elvir, if your lowering, might as well change these too at the same time)

The ones with the * is a commom problem with pre 1997 C-classes

JRE320
06-22-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Rocky
Welcome to owning a W202 Elvir.

Things you can expect the w202 to go wrong if you haven't repaired yet...

*2) MAS
*3) OVP relay
4) Flex disc
*5) Coil ends
*6) EGR tube plug up
*8) Infamous leaking Gasket (happends to 90% of M104 engines, lucky i got this repaired under warranty)
*9) ball joints (Elvir, if your lowering, might as well change these too at the same time)

I already did 5 out of nine on your list and more to accomplish later...... :rolleyes: :( :bored:

CKlasse
06-22-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Rocky

*2) MAS
*3) OVP relay
4) Flex disc
*5) Coil ends
*6) EGR tube plug up

This troubling :) I have replaced only gasket, lower arm bushings, and coil ends (stupid misfires). And I have a 95. So far it runs smooth